The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of GungHo Online Entertainment and Acquire’s Divine Gate mobile game will start its broadcast on January 8th. In addition, a brand new visual and promotional video were also revealed.
The Divine Gate anime will have its first episode shown on Tokyo MX on Friday, January 8th at 10:00pm JST. The anime will also air on Sun TV and KBS Kyoto on the midnight of the 7th/8th. It will also air on TVQ at 1:58am JST, TV Setouchi at 2:44am JST, and on TV Aichi at 3:05am JST on the 8th.
The anime’s second promotional video has also been revealed, showcasing the main characters and previewing the anime’s Opening theme: one-Me two-Hearts by hitorie:
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
The main cast of the upcoming anime includes:
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) will voice Akane
- Soma Saito (Adlet Mayer from Rokka no Yuusha) voices Aoto
- Kanae Itou (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun) is voicing Midori
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) as Hikari
- Sora Amamiya (Miia in Monster Musume) will voice Yukari
- Hiroyuki Yoshino (Allelujah Haptism in Mobile Suit Gundam 00) is voicing the role of Ginji
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will voice Arthur
- Ami Koshimizu (Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill) as Ifrit
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) voices Undine
- Kana Asumi (Nyaruko in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san) will be voicing Sylph
- Yuri Yoshida (Mashiro Mitsumine in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) will voice Metabon
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) is voicing the role of Lancelot
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) as Oz
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu from Zettai Karen Children) voices Loki
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director: Noriyuki Abe (Bleach, Black Butler: Book of Circus)
- Series Composer: Natsuko Takahashi (Ore Monogatari!!, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)
- Anime Character Designer: Ichiro Uno (Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, The Last: Naruto The Movie Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Takumi Ozawa (Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Ookami Kakushi)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Tokyo Ghoul, Naruto)
Divine Gate is a free to play mobile RPG developed by Acquire and published by GungHo Online Entertainment for iOS and Android devices. The game first launched in September 2003 and has over 4 Million downloads to date. The game itself has had many crossover promotions with various anime, including Steins;Gate, Fairy Tail, and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. In the game players choose their units and maneuver around dungeons via panels. Players will battle monsters and bosses also via a panel system.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
When the Divine Gate opened, the living world, the heavens, and the underworld became connected, ushering an era of chaos where desires and conflict intersect. To restore order, the World Council is formed. As peace is restored, the Divine Gate becomes an urban legend.
In that world, boys and girls deemed fit by the World Council are gathered. They are ones who aim to reach the gate for their personal objectives. Those who reach the gate can remake the world.
What lies beyond the gate? When they reach the door, will the world change? Will it be the past that changes, or will it be the future?
The Divine Gate anime will begin its broadcast on Friday, January 8th on Tokyo MX at 10:00pm JST next year during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
“Divine Gate”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Acquire, GungHo Online Entertainment, Studio Pierrot, and the Divine Gate World Council<\h15>