The official website of Infinite, an anime merchandise producer, has revealed the first of four Daikimakuras (hug pillows) covers for P.A. Works’ Fall/Autumn 2014 original anime Shirobako. The first cover features the adorable production assistant Aoi Miyamori in a saucy revealing position.
The dakimakura cover of Aoi Miyamori will be the first released. It will be releasing towards the end of May this year costing ¥12,960 (~ $108.00 USD), which comes at a size of 160cm x 50cm. The daki covers will be very limited with only 100 copies of each character being produced and sold. Pre-orders will open on April 30.
Here is the front of the daki:
And the back:
After the release of the Aoi daki cover this May, the three remaining characters are Erika Yano, Rinko Ogasawara and Ema Yasuhara. Only 100 of each character will be produced. The site has also revealed a small teaser for Erika’s daki cover:
The main cast of the Shirobako anime includes:
- Juri Kimura (First major role) will voice Aoi Miyamori, the production manager of Musashino Animation
- Haruka Yoshimura (Kouko Kaminaga in Akuma no Riddle) voices Emma Yasuhara, the lead animator at Musashino Animation
- Asami Takano (First major role) voicing Misa Todou, the 3D CGI director at the studio
- Hitomi Ohwada (First major role) as Midori Imai, Musashino Animation’s lead writer
- Haruka Chisuga (Tsugumi Harudori in Soul Eater Not!) as Shizuka Sakaki, a voice actress working with Musashino Animation
The production staff of Shirobako will continue to produce the series, which consists of:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, RDG: Red Data Girl)
- Original Character Designer: Ponkan 8 (Original Artist of Oregairu)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanami Sekiguchi (Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
Shirobako is an original series about creating anime. Specifically, it features a small group of cute girls aiming to tackle on one of Japan’s largest industries. The 5 girls work at Musashino Animation and each have a different and important role in the production of anime. The anime is a collaboration between P.A. Works with Girls und Panzer and Another director Tsutomu Mizushima. The anime began in October last year during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season and is a 2 cour series ending in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season after a total of 24 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Five girls chase their dreams. The story revolves around the everyday troubles and hardships that occur when working in the anime industry, and the results and conflicts that happen day-to-day among the group of girls.
The Aoi Miyamori dakimakura cover will be released in Japan this May. Orders will open from the 30th and only 100 copies will be sold at ¥12,960 (~ $108.00 USD) each. Three more covers will then be sold later in the year of Erika Yano, Rinko Ogasawara and Ema Yasuhara.
For more information visit: http://www.infinitedayo.jp/shop/shirobako_pillowcases01.html
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://shirobako-anime.com/
And follow their Twitter here: @shirobako_anime
Source Article and Images – Infinite Anime Store
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“Shirobako”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 P.A. Works, Tsutomu Mizushima, Ponkan 8 and Shirobako Production Committee