North American anime licensor Funimation have revealed their first trailer for the upcoming North American release of Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie. The trailer prefaces the new big issue in the upcoming film and also previews the new voice cast of the movie. The English cast features: Elizabeth Maxwell (Jenny Realight in Fairy Tail) as Motoko Kusanagi, Christopher Sabat (Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z) as Batou, Alex Organ (Decim from Death Parade) as Togusa, and Marcus Stimac (Ryouma Terasaka in Assassination Classroom) as Saito. The film itself is a continuation of the Ghost in the Shell ARISE series.
Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie will have a limited run in North American theatres on November 10th, 11th and the 16th. The film released in Japan earlier this July.
Here is the film’s Japanese trailer:
The main staff of the upcoming film includes:
- Chief Director and Anime Character Designer: Kazuchika Kise (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Tansuwarashi)
- Director: Kazuya Nomura (Robotics;Notes, Sengoku Basara Two)
- Screenplay Writer: Tow Ubukata (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mardock Scramble)
- Chief Animation Director: Tooru Ookubo (Blood-C: The Last Dark, Sengoku Basara)
- Music Composer: Cornelius (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Appleseed: Ex Machina)
- Animation Studio: Production I.G. (Psycho-Pass, Kuroko’s Basketball)
Here is the anime’s main visual: