The forthcoming issue of Nyantype will feature a brand new visual for the second season anime adaptation of Koi’s Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the order a rabbit?) 4koma manga. Just before the release of the issue, a small preview has been revealed for the October anime.
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? will start on Saturday, October 10th at 10:30pm JST on Tokyo MX, Sun TV and on KBS Kyoto. The anime will then air on BS11 on WEdnesdays from October 14th at 1:00am JST. The anime will also air on AT-X starting from the 10th at 9:30pm JST, but will air every fortnight.
Here is the first promotional video for the second season:
The main cast of the first season will return in the second season. They include:
- Ayane Sakura (Natsumi Koshigaya in Non Non Biyori) returns to voice Kokoa Hoto
- Inori Minase (Noel in Sora no Method) voicing as Chino Kafuu
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) voices Rize Tedeza
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Sharo Kirima
- Satomi Sato (Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!) as Chiya Ujimatsu
- Sora Tokui (Nico Yazawa in Love Live! School Idol Project) is back to voice Maya Jouga
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) voices Megumi Natsu
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) is voicing as Midori Aoyama
- Show Hayami (Nicholas D. Wolfwood in Trigun) voicing as Takahiro Kafuu
The production staff of the anime will also return from the first season. Though, a new animation studio has been included:
- Director: Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
- Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Hajime no Ippo Rising, Ben-To)
- Anime Character Designer: Yousuke Okuda (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, The [email protected] Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Ruka Kawada (Kiniro Mosaic, Senran Kagura)
- Animation Studios: White Fox (Steins;Gate, Akame ga KILL!) and Kinema Citrus (Barakamon, Code:Breaker)
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the order a rabbit?) is a comedy, slice of life, 4koma manga written and illustrated by Koi. The manga began in 2011 being published in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Max magazine. To date a total of 3 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. A 12 episode anime adaptation of the series was produced last year by White Fox (Steins;Gate, Akame ga Kill!) and was directed by Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Code Geass and Tiger & Bunny Episode Director).
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Cocoa arrives at the cafe Rabbit House one day, excited for rabbits. She actually all but lives in that cafe. She meets lots of different girls there, including a tiny and cool girl named Chino, a tough and soldier-esque girl named Rize, a spacey and quintessentially Japanese girl named Chiyo, and the ordinary but dignified Sharo.
The second season of the Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? anime will air each Saturday from October 10 on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed very soon.
“Gochuumon Wa Usagi Desu Ka?”, “Is the order a rabbit?, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Koi, White Fox, Houbunsha and the Gochuumon Production Committee