The official website of the anime adaptation of Miki Yoshikawa’s Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches) manga series has revealed a brand new visual ahead of the anime’s debut this Sunday.
- Ryota Osaka (Ryouta Watari in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso) will lead the cast as Ryuu Yamada
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) voices Urara Shiraishi
- Toshiki Masuda (Takashi Yura in Kimi no Iru Machi) will voice main character Toranosuke Miyamura
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voicing as Miyabi Itou
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) will play Nene Odagiri
- Yui Makino (Misaki Nakahara from Welcome to the NHK) voicing the role of Meiko Otsuka
- Yuki Takao (Alka in Blade & Soul) playing as Maria Sarushima
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing Noa Takigawa
- Masumi Tazawa (Kiriha Kurano from Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) will play Rika Saionji
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) as Ushio Igarashi
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Soma Asman Kadar from Black Butler) voices Shinichi Tamaki
- Toshiharu Sasaki (Debut Anime role) will voice Kentarou Tsubaki
The first promotional video for the TV anime was earlier revealed at AnimeJapan 2015, which previews the Opening and Ending themes of the anime:
The Opening theme song of the anime will be WEAVER’s Kuchizuke Diamond and the Ending theme will be CANDY MAGIC performed by MimimemeMIMI.
The staff of the anime were also revealed to be returning from the OVAs and involves:
- Director: Tomoki Takuno (Love Live! School Idol Project and [email protected]: XENOGLOSSIA Episode Director)
- Assistant Director: Fumiaki Usui (Love Live! School Idol Project and Needless Assistant Animation Director)
- Series Composer and Screenplay Writer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Eriko Iida (Love Live! School Idol Project, Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon Assistant Animation Director)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Music Composer: Masaru Yokoyama (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Freezing)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Terra Formars)
And here is the online OVA adaptation that released last year:
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches) is a comedy, romance, gender bending manga series written and illustrated by Miki Yoshikawa. The series began in 2012 in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine where a total of 15 compiled volumes have been released to date. The series received a 2 minute special in August 2013 and will be receiving two OVA adaptations that will be bundled in the upcoming 15th and 17th volumes of the manga, releasing on December 17 and May 15, 2015 respectively. The OVAs will feature an original story and a saucy hot spring scene with all the main characters and 7 witches.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Ryu Yamada is a second year student at Suzaku High. Ryu is always late for school, naps in class and gets abysmal grades. His life is a dead bore. The beautiful Urara Shiraishi, on the other hand, is Suzaku High’s brightest student. One day, without explanation, their bodies are swapped! Ryu ends up in Urara’s body, and Urara in Ryu’s.
The Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo anime adaptation will be airing from this Sunday April 12th on Tokyo MX at 11:30pm JST this Spring 2015 anime season. More information about the series will release in the upcoming days.
“Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo”, “Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Miki Yoshikawa, Kadokawa, Liden Films and the Ya Majo Production Committee