The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Ishio Yamagata and Miyagi’s Rokka no Yuusha (Heroes of the Six Flowers) light novel series has revealed that the TV series will be premiering on July 5th on MBS. In addition, the main cast, a brand new visual, a set of wallpapers and a brand new promotional video were all also revealed.
The Rokka no Yuusha anime adaptation will be airing this Summer from Sunday, July 5th at 4:58am JST on MBS. The anime will also air on AT-X on the 5th at 5:00pm JST, on Tokyo MX on the 8th at 11:30pm JST, and from BS11 on the 11th at 11:00pm JST. The series will also be streamed online on Niconico, GYAO! and on Bandai Channel.
The first members of the anime’s main cast were revealed, alongside wallpapers of the leading characters. The main cast of Rokka no Yuusha is:
- Soma Saito (Twelve from Zankyou no Terror) will lead the cast as Adlet Mayer
- Yoko Hikasa (Rias Gremory in High School DXD) voices Nachetania Loei Piena Augustra
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices Flamie Speeddraw
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) as Hans Humpty
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) will be voicing as Maura Chester
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) voicing as Chamot Rosso
- Kouki Uchiyama (Raku Ichijou in Nisekoi) voices Goldov Auora
A brand new promotional video has also been released, introducing the main characters of the anime:
Here is the previous promotional video with English subtitles, and also reveals that Pony Canon will license the series:
The series itself will follow the story of the original LNs and will follow the character and art designs of the manga adaptation. The main members of the anime’s production staff were earlier revealed and include:
- Director: Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha)
- Assistant Director: Sei Sanpei (Spice and Wolf Season 2 and Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode Director)
- Scriptwriter and Series Composer: Tatsuhiko Urahata (Cardfight!! Vanguard, Black Bullet)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Sayaka Koiso (Rail Wars!, Haitai Nanafa)
- Anime Monster Designer: Tatsuya Fukushima (Rail Wars! and Walkure Romanze Key Animator)
- Music Composer: Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Little Witch Academia)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Rail Wars!, Haitai Nanafa)
The main theme songs of the anime were earlier revealed. The Opening theme will be Cry for the Truth by Mich and the Ending theme will be Secret Sky also performed by Mich.
There will also be a pre-screening event of the anime on Saturday the 27th of June. The first two episode of the anime will be shown to attendees where there will also be a special talk session with Yoko Hikasa and Aoi Yuuki. It will be held at the Space FS Shiodome and tickets will sell for ¥1,500 (~ $12.15 USD).
Rokka no Yuusha (Heroes of the Six Flowers) is a fantasy light novel written by Ishio Yamagata featuring illustrations from Miyagi. The LN series began in August 2011 being published under Shueisha’s Dash X Bunko imprint. To date a total of 5 volumes have been published, with the latest volume out on November 21st. A manga adaptation of the series was produced by Yamagata and Kei Toru, who worked on the Akame ga Kill! Zero manga. The series is currently serialized in Shueisha’s Super Dash & Go! magazine and a total of 3 compiled volumes have been released.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
When the Majin awoke from the depths of darkness, the deity of fate chose six heroes and bequeathed them with the power to save the world. Adoretto, a boy who proclaims himself the strongest on Earth, has been selected among the Rokka no Yuusha (Heroes of the Six Flowers), and he goes to the rendezvous point — but seven have gathered there. The heroes suspect that someone among the seven is the enemy, and the initial suspicion falls on Adoretto.
The Rokka no Yuusha anime will begin its broadcast from July 5th at 4:58am JST on MBS during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
“Rokka no Yuusha”, “Heroes of the Six Flowers”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Ishio Yamagata, Miyagi, Kei Toru, Shueisha, Passione and the Rokka no Yuusha Production Committee