The official website of The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls anime adaptation has revealed that the anime will actually be a split cour series that will be totalling 26 episodes. Being a split cour, the second half of the anime will be airing in the season following the next, effectively the Summer 2015 anime season in July.
The announcement was made at the recent 10th anniversary event for The iDOLM@STER franchise. The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls anime will be skipping one season before continuing its broadcast into the Summer 2015 anime season. This doesn’t mean that there won’t be any iDOLM@STER next season as the first iDOLM@STER anime will be broadcasted during the Spring 2015 anime season. The second season of the orignial anime will then air in October following the second half of The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls, which means that fans will have a full year of idol goodness.
The main cast of The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls anime includes:
- Ayaka Ohashi (Kurome in Akame ga Kill!) voicing as Uzuki Shimamura
- Ayaka Fukuhara (First Major Role) will play the role of Rin Shibuya
- Sayuri Hara (Rizumu Amamiya from Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream) will be the voice of Mio Honda
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Tina Sprout from Black Bullet) voices Miria Akagi
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Anastasia
- Naomi Oozora (Inari Fushimi from Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.) voices Chieri Ogata
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is voicing Ranko Kanzaki
- Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura Kusunoki in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) playing as Rika Jougasaki
- Ruriko Aoki (Priscilla Twilight from Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou) will voice Riina Tada
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) will be voicing Minami Nitta
- Hiromi Igarashi (Orion in Amnesia) as Anzu Futaba
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) will play Miku Maekawa
- Yuka Ootsubo (Kyoko Toshino from YuruYuri) as Kanako Mimura
- Rei Matsuzaki (Ayame Reikadou from NouCome) voices Kirari Moroboshi
The anime’s production crew are as follows:
- Director and Series Composer: Noriko Takao (The iDOLM@STER, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Series Composer: Tatsuya Takahashi (The iDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e! Screenplay)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Yuusuke Matsuo (Black★Rock Shooter OVA, The iDOLM@STER)
- Music Composer: Hidekazu Tanaka (Aikatsu! and The iDOLM@STER Theme Song Composer)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls is a mobile social game developed by Mobage and published by Bandai Namco Games. The game involves the player to interact with other players, where they need to perform various tasks. The game features a total of 100 idols to be collected, who are represented as trading cards in the game. The game acts out like other social games where you will need to use a form of stamina to do a task – where it is refilled over time. The game has been reported to earn 1 Billion Yen (~ 10 Million USD) per month from in-game purchases of items and idols, and has over 4 million users as of April this year. A live concert of the game with all the voice actresses, Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls 1st Live Wonderful M@gic!!, was held at the Maihama Amphi Theater in Chiba Prefecture where the anime adaptation was announced last year.
The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls anime airs every Friday at midnight (effectively Saturday) on Tokyo MX. The anime will then take a seasons break before returning in July this year during the Summer 2015 anime season.
“The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls”, “IDOLM@STER”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Bandai Namco Games Inc., Mobage, A-1 Pictures and Project Cinderella