The 8th and latest volume of Gamon Sakurai’s Ajin (Ajin: Demi-Human) manga has revealed that the series will be receiving a second TV anime that will begin airing this October.
The series had its first TV anime adaptation in the Winter 2015/2016 anime season airing from January 15th for a total of 13 episodes. Alongside the TV anime, a trilogy of anime films are also being released. The first film, Ajin: Shoudou, was released in Japan in November 2015 before the anime series. The second film, Ajin: Shoutotsu, will release in Japan on May 6. Here is the second film’s visual:
The TV anime and films both share the same cast, which includes:
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) voices Kei Nagai
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Kaito
- Houchu Ohtsuka (Jiraiya in Naruto) voicing as Satou
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) is voicing Tosaki
- Mikako Komatsu (Saika Totsuka from Oregairu) voices the role of Izumi Shimomura
- Daisuke Hirakawa (Rei Ryugazaki in Free!) as Kouji Tanaka
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) voicing Kou Nakano
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) is voicing as Eriko Nagai
- Hiroyuki Kinoshita (Atsuhi Henmi from Jin-Rou) plays Ikuya Ogura
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia, Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine)
- Director: Hiroaki Ando (Gambo, Norageki!)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuki Moriyama (Knights of Sidonia, Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine)
- Music Composer: Yuugo Kanno (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Psycho Pass)
- Animation Studio: Polygon Pictures (Knights of Sidonia, Transformers Prime)
Here is the second film’s promotional video:
And the last PV of the anime’s first season:
Ajin (Ajin: Demi-Human) is a supernatural, horror, mystery manga written and illustrated by Gamon Sakurai. The series first began in 2012 in Kodansha’s good! Afternoon magazine, where to date a total of 7 volumes have been release. An anime film trilogy was announced for the series as well as a TV anime series.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Where there is life, there is death… or is there? What would you do if you could never die? The possibilities are endless.
Seventeen years ago, the existence of a special species called Ajin was discovered in Africa. They are said to be immortal beings, with several supernatural abilities, that look just like any other human being. Are these Ajin just random phenomena of nature or were they purposely sent to Earth to destroy it?
Since their first discovery, several other Ajin appearances have been reported worldwide. For the majority of citizens though, these creatures are less reality and more of something you see every once in a while in a textbook or on the news. This is how it was for the young protagonist of the series, Kei. That was until a sudden turn of events changed his life forever…
Ajin is a supernatural anime full of complex ideas about life and death, as well as the dark side of human nature. What does it mean to truly be human?
A second season of the Ajin TV anime is currently in production for October, during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season. The second anime film, Ajin: Shoutotsu, releases in Japan on May 6th. More information about the second season will be revealed soon.
Source Article and Images - Ajin Anime Website
Source Image - Nijipoi
“Ajin”, “Ajin: Demi-Human”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Gamon Sakurai, Kodansha, Polygon Pictures and the Aijin Production Committee