A brand new promotional video has been released for the TV anime adaptation of Chihiro Ishizuka’s Flying Witch manga. The new video introduces the premise, tone and main characters of the series. The anime’s Opening theme song, Shanranran, is also previewed in the video.
The Flying Witch anime adaptation will start its broadcast from Saturday, April 10th on NTV at 2:25am JST during the Spring 2016 anime season.
Here is the first PV:
The anime’s revealed cast includes:
- Minami Shinoda (First Major Role) will lead the cast as Makoto Kowata
- Eri Suzuki (Sanae Higashihongan in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) voices Chinatsu Kuramoto
- Shinsuke Sugawara (First Major Role) will voice Kei Kuramoto
- Kana Aoi (Debut Role) will voice Akane Kowata
- Shiori Mikami (Akari Akaza from YuruYuri) joins the cast as Nao Ishiwatari
- Mari Hino (Nao Shinkawa from Shirobako) as Inukai
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) voicing as Anzu Shiina
The main members of the anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Katsushi Sakurabi (Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru, Kamisama no Memochou)
- Scriptwriter: Deko Akao (Nazo no Kanojo X, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Masato Yasuno (Little Busters! and DanMachi Animation Director)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Sword Art Online)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Dewa (Amnesia, Nagi no Asukara)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Prison School)
Here is the series’ synopsis:
The comical story follows the 15-year-old witch Makoto Kowata and the other boys and girls in her daily life. With her black cat Chito, the somewhat aimless girl moved from Yokohama to live with her second cousin at Aomori in verdant northern Japan.