The official Twitter account of the anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga has announced that the series’ second season will air this Summer.
【新情報解禁！】「食戟のソーマ 弍ノ皿」今夏放送開始予定！ #shokugeki_anime
— 『食戟のソーマ』TVアニメ公式 (@shokugeki_anime) February 28, 2016
The anime’s second season was previously announced in a recent issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The newest chapter of the series includes special coloured pages to celebrate the anniversary. In addition, the issue also revealed that an OVA of the series that was shown at an event, focusing on the Aldini brothers, will be bundled with the manga’s 18th volume. Volume 18 of Shokugeki no Souma will release in Japan on May 2nd.
The main cast of the Shokugeki no Souma anime includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Shizuka Ishigami (Namu Mayu from Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) as Ikumi Mito
The main members of the anime’s production crew are as follows:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Here is the second season’s promotional video:
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 10 compiled volumes released, with the 11th volume releasing in Japan on March 4th. A light novel adaptation of the manga began in February this year in Shueisha’s Jump j-Books, written by Michiko Itou and illustrated by Saeki himself. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
The second season of the Shokugeki no Souma anime will begin its broadcast during the Summer 2016 anime season. Further details about the new season will be revealed in the upcoming months.
“Shokugeki no Souma”, “Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee