Following the broadcast of the final episode of the anime adaptation of Haruko Kumota’s Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (Shouwa Genroku Era Comic Storytelling) manga, it was announced that a second season of the anime has been green lit.
— アニメ「昭和元禄落語心中」 (@rakugoshinju) April 1, 2016
The second season of the anime will be titled Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen and will continue where the first season left off. It will adapt the third story arc from the manga, Sukeroku Futatabi-hen.
The main cast of the first anime includes:
- Tomokazu Seki (Itaru Hashida from Steins;Gate) voices Yotarou
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) as Yakumo Yuurakutei
- Kouichi Yamadera (Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop) voiced Sukeroku Yuurakutei
- Yuu Kobayashi (Sasha Blouse from Attack on Titan) voices the role of Konatsu
- Shigeru Ushiyama (Hiluluk from One Piece) voicing Matsuda
- Megumi Hayashibara (Ai Haibara from Detective Conan) as Yurie
The production staff of the first season has:
- Director: Shinichi Omata (Sankarea)
- Series Composition: Jun Kumagai (Psycho-Pass Season 2, Re:␣Hamatora)
- Character Design: Mieko Hosoi (Aiura, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)
- Music: Kana Shibue (Debut Role)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (Shouwa Genroku Era Comic Storytelling) is a manga written and illustrated by Haruko Kumota. The series began in 2010 in Kodansha’s Itan magazine where a total of 9 compiled volumes have been released. The series has won two awards: the Best General Manga award at this year’s Kodansha Manga Awards and the Excellence Award at the 2013 Japan Media Arts Festival Awards. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Winter 2015/2016 anime season.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
When a certain man is released from prison, he knows exactly where he’s heading first. After falling in love with a traditional comic storyteller’s rendition of the story called “Shinigami,” he is determined to become his apprentice. The performer, Yakumo, has never taken an apprentice before, but to everyone’s surprise, he accepts the eager ex-prisoner, nicknaming him “Yotaro.”
As Yotaro happily begins his new life, he meets others in Yakumo’s life, including Yakumo’s ward Konatsu. Konatsu was the daughter of a famous storyteller, and Yakumo took her in after her father’s tragic death. Konatsu loved her father’s storytelling, and would love to become a performer in her own right—but that path is not available for women.
A second season of the Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is currently in production. It will continuing from the first season and will adapt the third arc from the manga, Sukeroku Futatabi-hen.
Source Article and Image - @rakugoshinju
Source Article and Image - Yaraon
“Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Haruko Kumota, Kodansha, Studio Deen and the Rakugo Shinjuu Production Committee