The official website for the upcoming TV anime adaptation, Tales of Zestiria the X, of Bandai Namco’s Tales of Zestiria video game has revealed that the series will start its broadcast on July 3rd.
The anime will first air on Sunday, July 3rd on Tokyo MX at 11:00pm JST. It will then air on KBS Kyoto on the 5th at midnight, followed by airing on Sun TV and BS11 on the 6th at 12:30am JST. It will also air on TV Aichi starting from the 6th at 2:05am JST.
In addition, a pre-screening event for the anime’s first four episodes has been announced. Hosted at the Cinema Mediage in Tokyo on June 25, the main cast and staff of Tales of Zestiria the X will make an appearance for a talk show.
The main cast of the game returns to reprise their roles in the upcoming anime:
- Ryouhei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) will voice Sorey
- Ryota Osaka (Haruto Tokishima in Kakumeiki Valvrave) as Mikleo
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) is voicing Alisha
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) returns as Rose
- Noriko Shitaya (Sakura Matou from Fate/stay night) is going to voice Lailah
- Misato Fukuen (Yoshika Miyafuji from Strike Witches) voicing as Edna
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler) as Dezel
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) will voice Zaveid
The production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Haruo Sotozaki (Tales of Symphonia the Animation)
- Anime Character Designer: Akira Matsushima (Maria-sama ga Miteru, Rave Master)
- Art Director: Min-Ji Kim (Fate/Zero Background Artist)
- Music Composer: Go Shiina (Dimension W, God Eater) and Motoi Sakuraba (Star Ocean EX, Saiyuki)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Kara no Kyoukai)
The anime’s website has revealed that that Japanese pop band fhána (Sora no Method ED, Comet Lucifer OP) will be performing the anime’s Ending theme song.
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
The Tales of. started in 1995 with the release of Tales of Phantasia on the Super Famicom (SNES). The game was developed by Wolf Team, who are now known as Namco Tales Studio and published by Namco. The game received a positive reception and has allowed more games in the series to be developed. To date, there are fourteen games in the main series with over 10 spin-off titles. While the Tales of. enjoys high sales within Japan, the popularity of the series overseas has been rocky. Though, in the last decade the series has been gaining more popularity outside of Japan. There are also four anime series based on separate entries in the series, as well as an animated film, Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike, released in 2009. To date, Namco Bandai has announced that the series has sold over 15 million titles.
The game’s synopsis is as follows:
Sorey is a human youth who grew up among the “seraphim” (tenzoku), spiritual beings not visible to humans.
Sorey believes in the folklore that says “long ago, every human was able to see the seraphim” and dreams of unraveling the ancient mystery to make the world a place where people and seraphim can live together in peace.
One day, Sorey visits the human capital for the very first time. He becomes embroiled in an incident during which he pulls out a holy sword imbedded in a rock and ends up becoming a “Shepherd,” one who casts away calamity from the world. He begins to realize the gravity of his mission, and his dream of coexistence between mankind and the seraphim becomes more intense—
And thus, the Shepherd embarks on an amazing journey with his companions.
The Tales of Zestiria the X anime will be airing every Sunday on Tokyo MX at 11:00pm JST starting from July 3rd, throughout the Summer 2016 anime season. The game itself is currently available on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and on PC via Steam. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Here is the anime’s website: http://toz-thex-anime.tales-ch.jp/
And their Twitter: @TOZtheX
“Tales of Zestiria the X “, “Tales of Zestiria”, “Tales of.”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 ufotable, Namco Bandai Games inc. and TOZ-X