The official website of the anime adaptation of Kentaro Miura’s Berserk manga has announced that the upcoming 2017 continuation of the 2016 anime will have its debut on April 7th. In addition, a brand new visual was released.
The first episode of the 2017 Berserk anime will air on WOWOW on Friday, April 7 at 10:00pm JST, before moving to the 10:30pm JST time slot for subsequent episodes. Repeats will instead air at 10:00pm JST before the new episode. The anime will also air on TBS from the 8th at 2:25am JST and MBS at 2:40am JST with BS-TBS airing new episodes from the 9th at 12:30am JST.
The 2017 anime will continue off where the previous anime finished, where it will . The visual itself is teasing the next arc, Falcon of the Millennium Empire, with Guts donning the Berserk armour.
The 2016 anime aired during the Summer 2016 anime season for a total of 12 episodes.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Hiroaki Iwanaga (Guts in Berserk: The Golden Age Arc) will be back to voice Guts
- Kaoru Mizuhara (Shirushiru from gdgd Fairies) will voice Puck
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) as Farnese
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) is voicing as Serpico
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) voices Isidro
The supporting cast includes:
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is going to voice Azan
- Toa Yukinari (Casca from Berserk: The Golden Age Arc) as Casca
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) voices Griffith
- Akio Ohtsuka (Batou in Ghost in the Shell) is voicing Skull Knight
- Unshou Ishizuka (Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop) will be voicing the Narrator
The leading members of the anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Shin Itagaki (Teekyuu, Devil May Cry)
- Series Composers: Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass, Yuruyuri San Hai!) and Takashi Yamashita (Cencoroll)
- Anime Character Designer: Hisashi Abe (Gunslinger Girl, Chobits)
- Music Composer: Shiro Sagisu (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Magi)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Terra Formars)
Here is the announcement video for the Spring 2017 season:
And the 15 second teaser video:
Berserk is a dark fantasy manga written and illustrated by Kentaro Miura, that began in 1989. The manga is being serialized in Hakusensha’s Young Animal magazine, where a total of 37 volumes have been published to date. The series was adapted into a TV anime series in 1997 for 25 episodes, being directed by Naohito Takahashi (Danball Senki W, Steel Angel Kurumi) and animated by OLM, Inc. (Pokémon, Inazuma Eleven). The manga also received an anime movie trilogy from 2012 under Berserk: The Golden Age Arc. The films were directed by Toshiyuki Kubooka (Gunbuster and Giant Robo Animation Director) and produced by Studio 4°C (Tweeny Witches, Harmony). A 2016 TV anime series from the same cast was produced for the Summer 2016 anime season.
Here is the synopsis of the first anime on MAL:
A brave young warrior named Guts fights for his fortune as a mercenary on the front lines. A fated encounter unites Guts with the charismatic and deadly young man named Griffith. Leading the rogue soldiers known as the Band of the Hawk, Griffith wields his formidable force like no other. Driven by a quest for status, the Hawks exert military and social prowess the likes of which have never been seen before. The armies of Midland will quake with fear as Griffith and Guts set off on a path that will bring the world to its knees.
The Berserk TV anime will air its first episode on Friday, April 7 at 10:00pm JST on WOWOW, with the remaining episodes airing at 10:30pm JST. Further details about the new season will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the project’s website here: http://berserk-anime.com/
And follow the Twitter: @berserk_anime
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Berserk”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Kentaro Miura, Liden Films, Hakusensha and the Berserk Production Committee