The official website of the anime adaptation of Torako and Nozomi Ousaka’s Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!) light novel series has revealed a few new details for the January 6 film, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! -Take On Me-. The first set of character designs, advanced tickets and a recap video were all revealed.
The first set of designs have been revealed for the main cast, whom resume their roles from the previous anime seasons:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass) returns to voice Yuuta Togashi
- Maaya Uchida (Hiyori Iki from Noragami) who voices Rikka Takanashi
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Akira Aoi in Selector Infected WIXOSS) who voiced Shinka Nibutani
- Azumi Asakura (Yukiho Hagiwara from The [email protected]) who voices Kumin Tsuyuri
- Sumire Uesaka (Anastasia from The [email protected] Cinderella Girls) who voiced Sanae Dekomori
Advanced tickets for Chuunibyou demo Koi Ga Shitai! -Take on Me- are now on sale as a bundle at participating theatres. The bundle costs ¥1,500 (~ US$13.40) containing a ticket for the film and one of four A4 sized clear files.
To prepare fans for the upcoming film, Kyoto Animation has released a video recapping the events of the two seasons, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren:
Here is the announcement video for Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! -Take On Me-:
The production staff from the previous anime will also return to handle the upcoming movie:
- Director:Tatsuya Ishihara (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hibike! Euphonium)
- Scriptwriter: Jukki Hanada (Love Live! Sunshine!!, Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Anime Character Designer: Kazumi Ikeda (Musaigen no Phantom World, Clannad)
- Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara (Hibike! Euphonium, Koe no Katachi)
- Color Key Artist: Akiyo Takeda (Hyouka, Nichijou)
- Director of Photography: Akihiro Ura (K-ON!, Free!)
- Music Composer: Nijine (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, D-Frag!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Koe no Katachi, Hibike! Euphonium)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Koe no Katachi, Hibike! Euphonium)
Japanese pop singer ZAQ will be performing the main theme song of the film, after singing the Opening theme song to the anime’s second season: VOICE.
Here is the revealed synopsis of the film from Anime News Network:
In the film, Rikka is now a third-year student, but she still has “Chuunibyou” syndrome. University entrance exams loom on the horizon, and it’s spring break, and Yūta and Rikka are together as usual. One day, Rikka’s older sister Touka declares that she’s going to take Rikka to Italy with her, as Touka is moving to Italy for work and she thinks they should move together as a family. Yuuta understands Touka’s opinion, but thinks that at this rate he and Rikka will be separated. Shinka and the other members suggest that Yūta and Rikka should “elope,” and thus sets the stage for Yuuta and Rikka’s travels throughout Japan in their escape drama.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!) is an anime adaptation of the light novel series of the same name by Kyoto Animation. The light novels are written by Torako and illustrated by Nozomi Ousaka. The novels entered the Kyoto Animation Awards in 2010 and received an honourable mention award. The light novel was eventually published by Kyoto Animation in June 2011 with an anime adaptation of the series in October 2012. A film adaptation that recapped the series from Rikka Takanashi’s perspective was produced in 2013. A second season of the anime, titled Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, was produced in 2014. Whilst being an adaptation, the series shares a similar plot of the light novels with the anime having its own story and characters.
Here is a synopsis of Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! from MAL:
Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it… or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment—until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life.
A Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! anime sequel film has been announced and is in production for a January 6, 2018 release, titled Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Take On Me. The film will be set after the events of the second season, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren.
“Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Take On Me”, “Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!”, “Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Torako, Nozomi Ousaka, Kyoto Animation and the Chuu2 Production Committee