The official website of the anime adaptation of Kotoyama’s Dagashi Kashi manga has been updated with new information about the recently announced second season, due for 2018. The first key visual, main cast, character designs and promotional video were all revealed.
The anime’s website has revealed that the main cast from the first season will return to reprise their roles in the new season. With the changes to the character designer and animation studio, the first set of new character designs were also revealed:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will return to voice Hotaru Shidare
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) is voicing Kokonotsu Shikada
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) voices Saya Endou
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) as Tou Endou
The design for Hajime Owari was also revealed, who will be making its debut in the new season. No voice actress for her has been revealed so far.
The first promotional video for Dagashi Kashi season 2 was revealed, which introduces the main characters:
There has been changes to production staff from the anime’s first season, with second 2 consisting of:
- Director: Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Tezuka Osamu ga Kieta?! 20 Seiki Saigo no Kaijiken)
- Setting Cooperator: Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo ESP)
- Series Composer: Mayumi Morita (Debut Role)
- Anime Character Designer: Nana Miura (Young Black Jack)
- Chief Animation Director: Akemi Kobayashi (Yume Tsukai, Chi’s Sweet Home)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Haganai, Isshuukan Friends.)
- Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions (Black Jack, Sakamichi no Apollon)
Dagashi Kashi is a comedy manga written and illustrated by Kotoyama. The series began in 2014 being serialized in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. To date a total of 7 volumes have been compiled. A TV anime adaptation of the series premiered in the Winter 2016/2017 anime season for 12 episodes. The anime was produced by studio feel. (Oregairu Zoku, Minami-ke Tadaima) and directed by Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo ESP).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Shikada Kokonotsu’s father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in Summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu’s father is famous and she wants him to join her family’s company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!
A second season of the TV anime adaptation for the Dagashi Kashi has been greenlit and will premiere in 2018. Further details about the new season will be revealed at a later date.
“Dagashi Kashi”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Kotoyama, Shogakukan and Shikada Dagashi