At a recent event, Japanese multimedia publisher Kadokawa announced that Tsukumizu’s Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girls’ Last Tour) post-apocalyptic, slice of life manga will be getting a TV anime adaptation by studio White Fox (Steins;Gate, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) that will broadcast from October 6th. In addition, the anime’s website has launched revealing the first visual, cast, staff and promotional video.
The Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou TV anime will premiere on Friday at 9:30pm JST on AT-X. The anime will then broadcast on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST, BS11 at 11:0pm JST and on Sun TV at midnight. The series will also air on KBS Kyoto on the 7th at 1:30am JST, on TV Aichi on the 8th at 2:50am JST, and on TVQ Kyushu from the 10th at 2:30am JST.
The first two members of the anime’s cast were revealed and conists of:
- Inori Minase (Rem from Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) will star as Chito
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voicing as Yuuri
The leading members of the production staff of the anime was revealed and includes:
- Director: Takaharu Ozaki (Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers-)
- Series Composer: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Monster Musume, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Mai Toda (Soushin Shoujo Matoi, Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)
- Music Composer: Kenichiro Suehiro (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Space Patrol Luluco)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Animation Studio: White Fox (Steins;Gate, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
The main theme songs of the anime were also revealed; the Opening theme will be Ugoku, Ugoku and the Ending theme will be More One Night, both performed by the main cast.
The first promotional video has been released for the Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou anime, which gives us a small peek into the series’ post-apocalyptic world:
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girls’ Last Tour) is a slice of life manga set in a post-apocalyptic world, written and illustrated by Tsukumizu. The series began in 2014 being published online on Shinchosha’s Kurage Bunch.To date, a total of 5 compiled volumes have been published, with the latest volume being released in Japan on September.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Civilization is dead, but Chito and Yuuri are still alive. So they hop aboard their beloved Kettenkrad motorbike and aimlessly wander the ruins of the world they once knew. Day after hopeless day, they look for their next meal and fuel for their ride. But as long as the two are together, even an existence as bleak as theirs has a ray or two of sunshine in it, whether they’re sucking down their fill of soup or hunting for machine parts to tinker with. For two girls in a world full of nothing, the experiences and feelings the two share give them something to live for…
A TV anime adaptation of the post-apocalyptic slice of life manga Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou will air on Fridays at 9:30pm JST on AT-X, during the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season. Further details will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source Article - MyAnimeList News
“Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou”, “Girls’ Last Tour”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Tsukumizu, Shinchosha, White Fox and the Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Production Committee