The official website of the anime adaptation of Natsume Akatsuki and Kurone Mishima’s Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) light novel series has revealed a brand new visual for series’ upcoming fan appreciation event on April 9th.
There will be an event for the KonoSuba anime at the Differ Ariake in Tokyo on April 9th. The event will open at 12:00pm JST and starts at 1:00pm JST. The main cast of the anime will be present at the event along with singer Machico, and will have a big performance. Tickets for the event costs ¥6,300 (~ US$56.80) with a drink fee of ¥500 (~ US$4.50).
The event itself is to celebrate the production and broadcast of the anime’s second season. As part of the celebration, guests and fans are able to receive special gifts and letters. There will also be flowers for fans to collect and place at a special location backstage, as a big thank you message to the fans and staff.
The event will also have various goods on sale:
- A KonoSuba Happi – ¥12,000 (~ US$108.20)
- KonoSuba event T-Shirt – ¥3,000 (~ US$27.05)
- Clear File set – ¥800 (~ US$7.20)
- Acrylic figures – ¥5,400 (~ US$48.70)
There are a total of 5 Blu-ray and DVD volumes for the anime’s second season, similar to the first. Each volume will contain 2 episodes as well as a special limited edition PC Game, an illustration box drawn by original artist Kurone Mishima, a disc sleeve drawn by character designer Koichi Kikuta, audio commentary, Web Radio, a side story script, and a special booklet. The first volume released on March 24 with the first 2 episodes.
The release dates for the remaining volumes are:
- Volume 2 (Episodes 3 & 4): April 28
- Volume 3 (Episodes 5 & 6): May 26
- Volume 4 (Episodes 7 & 8): June 30
- Volume 5 (Episodes 9 & 10): July 28
The second season of the KonoSuba anime aired for a total of 10 episodes during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season.
The main cast of KonoSuba includes:
- Jun Fukushima (Yoshihisa Manabe Kotoura-san) will voice Kazuma Satou
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Aqua
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) as Megumin
- Ai Kayano (Menma in AnoHana) voices Raratina Dustiness Ford
- Sayuri Hara (Mio Honda in The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) will play the role of Luna
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) voices a Ruffian
The production staff of the anime also returns:
- Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
- Series Composer: Makoto Uezu (School Days, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Koichi Kikuta (Seitokai Yakuindomo and Robotics;Notes Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kamisama Dolls)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Here is the main promotional video for the second season:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Natsume Akatsuki and illustrated by Kurone Mishima. The series began in October 2013 being published under Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint, where a total of 9 volumes have been produced to date, topping 2 million sales in print. A spin-off light novel series titled Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen o! is also being produced alongside the parent novel, with 3 volumes to date. A manga adaptation is currently being serialized in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine. The series received an anime adaptation during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season.
Here is the series’ synopsis from MAL:
The life of Satou Kazuma, a hikikomori who likes games, all too soon came to an end because of a traffic accident… It was supposed to, but when he woke up, a beautiful girl who called herself a goddess was in front of his eyes.
“Hey, I have got something a little nice for you. Wanna go to another world? You can take only one thing of your choice along with you.”
“…then I’ll take you.”
From here on, the great adventure of subjugating the Demon King will begin for the reincarnated Kazuma… Or so one would think, but it’s the labor for obtaining food, clothing and shelter that begins! Despite Kazuma wanting to live in peace, the goddess keeps causing problems one after another, and eventually, they attract the attention of the Demon King’s army!?
A fan appreciation event for the Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! anime will be hosted on April 9th in Tokyo. The main cast will be in attendance at the event and will give a performance with singer Machico.
“KonoSuba”, “Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!”, “Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Natsume Akatsuki, Kurone Mishima, Kadokawa, and the Kono Suba Production Committee