The official website of ufotable’s (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai) anime trilogy adaptation of the Heaven’s Feel route in Type-Moon’s Fate/stay night visual novel has revealed a new visual for the third and final film, Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel – III. spring song.
The upcoming film is currently slated to premiere in theatres across Japan in Spring 2020 (March – June).
Here is the film’s previous visual:
The trilogy’s main cast consists of:
- Noriaki Sugiyama (Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto) who voices Shirou Emiya
- Noriko Shitaya (Haruko Amaya in Maken-Ki!) voicing as Sakura Matou
- Kana Ueda (Hayate Yagami in Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A’s) as Rin Tohsaka
- Ayako Kawasumi (Kazumi Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana) voicing Saber Alter
- Joujii Nakata (Alucard from Hellsing) as Kirei Kotomine
- Mai Kadowaki (Sanya V. Litvyak from Strike Witches) as Illyasviel von Einzbern
- Miki Itou (Android 18 in Dragon Ball Z) as Taiga Fujimura
The first full trailer for the third movie:
And the film’s teaser trailer:
The main members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director and Character Designer: Tomonori Sudou (Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin)
- Editor: Manabu Kanno (Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown)
- Art Director: Koji Eto (Captain Earth, Steins;Gate)
- Colour Designer: Mika Matsuoka (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, God Eater)
- Music Composer: Yuki Kajiura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Demon Slayer)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
Fate/stay night is a visual novel released by Type-Moon for the PC in 2004 and is the first in their Fate series. The visual novel was very successful and claimed the title of highest selling visual novel in that year. 2006 saw two adaptations of the game, a manga by Datto Nishiwaki and an anime series by Studio Deen. Additionally in that year, a light novel series titled Fate/Zero was written by Gen Urobuchi. It is a prequel to the visual novels, set 10 years prior. An anime and manga adaptation of Fate/Zero were created, with the manga written by Urobuchi himself in 2011 and the anime being animated by ufotable. A second season of Fate/Zero was also produced in the following year. ufotable produced a new Fate/stay night anime based on the Unlimited Blade Works route and is producing a Fate/stay night film based on the Heaven’s Feel Route.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Raised by a mysterious sorcerer after the horrific death of his parents, Shiro Emiya has only just begun to help others using the small tidbits of magic that he’s learned. However, when he’s suddenly caught in a battle between two more powerful Magus, Shiro finds himself performing a spell above his expected ability, summoning the beautiful spirit warrior Saber to protect him! But safety is only momentary as Shiro and Saber now find themselves thrust into in a secret world of dark magic and deadly challenges: a no-holds barred duel to the death known as the Holy Grail War! At stake: a prize of unimaginable power. But can the inexperienced Shiro and Saber survive long enough to even enter the contest? First they’ll have to withstand waves of treachery and assassination, even as Shiro scrambles to learn everything he’ll need to know to stay alive as seven teams of Magus and Spirit Servants face off in mortal combat!
The third and final anime adaptation of Fate/stay night – Heaven’s Feel, Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel – III: .spring song, is set to release in theatres across Japan in Spring 2020.