The official website of the anime adaptation of Riichiro Inagaki and Boichi’s Dr. Stone manga has announced that the upcoming second season will premiere on January 14th, 2020. A brand new visual and promotional video were also revealed.
The second season of the Dr. Stone anime, titled Dr. Stone: Stone Wars, will premiere on Tokyo MX and KBS Kyoto on January 14th at 10:30pm JST. The anime will also premiere on Sun TV and BS11 at midnight, and Aichi TV at 2:35am the following morning.
A brand new promotional video was released, previewing scenes from the second season and the anime’s opening song, Rakuen by Fujifabric:
Here is the first PV:
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) leads the cast as Senku Ishigami
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) voice the role of Taiju Ooki
- Kana Ichinose (Ichigo from Darling in the FranXX) voices Yuzuriha Ogawa
- Gen Satou (Fumiya Tomozaki in Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun) as Chrome
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) as Kohaku
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) voicing Ruri
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) who voices Tsukasa Shishiou
The anime’s production staff lists:
- Director: Shinya Iino (Plastic Memories, Made in Abyss)
- Series Composer: Yuichiro Kido (Eizouken ni wa Te o Dasu na! and Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yuko Iwasa (Yowamushi Pedal, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas)
- Music Composer: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Yuushibu), Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!) and Yuki Kanesaka (Kekkai Sensen & Beyond)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life)
Dr. Stone is a science fiction adventure manga written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi. The series began in early 2017 and is published by Shueisha in their Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. To date, a total of 18 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. The series has ranked high in various yearly manga award categories, as well as winning the 2019 Shogakukan Manga Award for best shonen manga. An anime adaptation of the manga premiered during the Summer and Fall/Autumn 2019 anime season for a total of 24 episodes. The series was directed by Shinya Iino (Plastic Memories, Made in Abyss) and produced by TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life). There has also been a spin-off manga titled Dr. Stone Reboot: Byakuya that was released in Fall/Autumn 2019, for a total of 9 chapters.
After five years of harboring unspoken feelings, high-schooler Taiju Ooki is finally ready to confess his love to Yuzuriha Ogawa. Just when Taiju begins his confession however, a blinding green light strikes the Earth and petrifies mankind around the world— turning every single human into stone.
Several millennia later, Taiju awakens to find the modern world completely nonexistent, as nature has flourished in the years humanity stood still. Among a stone world of statues, Taiju encounters one other living human: his science-loving friend Senkuu, who has been active for a few months. Taiju learns that Senkuu has developed a grand scheme—to launch the complete revival of civilization with science. Taiju’s brawn and Senkuu’s brains combine to forge a formidable partnership, and they soon uncover a method to revive those petrified.
However, Senkuu’s master plan is threatened when his ideologies are challenged by those who awaken. All the while, the reason for mankind’s petrification remains unknown.
The second season of the Dr. Stone anime, Dr Stone: Stone Wars, will premiere in on January 14th at 10:30pm JST on Tokyo MX and KBS Kyoto.