A recent issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine has revealed that the upcoming second season of the anime adaptation of Riichiro Inagaki and Boichi’s Dr. Stone manga will premiere in January 2021. The first visual and promotional video was also revealed via the anime’s official website.
The second season of the Dr. Stone anime will be titled Dr. Stone: Stone Wars. The series will premiere during the Winter 2020/2021 anime season, which begins in January 2021.
Here is the first promotional video the second season:
The main cast of the anime’s first season includes:
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) leads the cast as Senku Ishigami
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) voice the role of Taiju Ooki
- Kana Ichinose (Ichigo from Darling in the FranXX) voices Yuzuriha Ogawa
- Gen Satou (Fumiya Tomozaki in Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun) as Chrome
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) as Kohaku
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) voicing Ruri
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) who voices Tsukasa Shishiou
The anime’s production staff lists:
- Director: Shinya Iino (Plastic Memories, Made in Abyss)
- Series Composer: Yuichiro Kido (Eizouken ni wa Te o Dasu na! and Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yuko Iwasa (Yowamushi Pedal, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas)
- Music Composer: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Yuushibu), Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!) and Yuki Kanesaka (Kekkai Sensen & Beyond)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life)
Here is the main promotional video for the first season:
Dr. Stone is a science fiction adventure manga written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi. The series began in early 2017 and is published by Shueisha in their Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. To date, a total of 16 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. The series has ranked high in various yearly manga award categories, as well as winning the 2019 Shogakukan Manga Award for best shonen manga. An anime adaptation of the manga premiered during the Summer and Fall/Autumn 2019 anime season for a total of 24 episodes. The series was directed by Shinya Iino (Plastic Memories, Made in Abyss) and produced by TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life). There has also been a spin-off manga titled Dr. Stone Reboot: Byakuya that was released in Fall/Autumn 2019, for a total of 9 chapters.
After five years of harboring unspoken feelings, high-schooler Taiju Ooki is finally ready to confess his love to Yuzuriha Ogawa. Just when Taiju begins his confession however, a blinding green light strikes the Earth and petrifies mankind around the world— turning every single human into stone.
Several millennia later, Taiju awakens to find the modern world completely nonexistent, as nature has flourished in the years humanity stood still. Among a stone world of statues, Taiju encounters one other living human: his science-loving friend Senkuu, who has been active for a few months. Taiju learns that Senkuu has developed a grand scheme—to launch the complete revival of civilization with science. Taiju’s brawn and Senkuu’s brains combine to forge a formidable partnership, and they soon uncover a method to revive those petrified.
However, Senkuu’s master plan is threatened when his ideologies are challenged by those who awaken. All the while, the reason for mankind’s petrification remains unknown.
The second season of the Dr. Stone anime, Dr Stone: Stone Wars, will premiere in January 2021 during the Winter 2020/2021 anime season.
"Dr. Stone", "Dr. Stone: Stone Wars", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2020 Riichiro Inagaki, Boichi, TMS Entertainment and the Dr. Stone Production Committee