The official website of the anime adaptation of Aka Akasaka’s Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) manga has announced that the upcoming second season will be airing this April (Spring 2020). The first promotional video was also released.
The first promotional video for Kaguya-sama season 2 has been released, confirming the return of the first season’s cast and some new cast members:
Here is the announcement video:
The main cast from the first season returns:
- Aoi Koga (Hanabi from Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls) voicing Kaguya Shinomiya
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) as Miyuki Shirogane
- Konomi Kohara (Akane Mizuno from Tsuki ga Kirei) who voices Chika Fujiwara
- Ryouta Suzuki (Ryouhei Yamanouchi in Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu) voicing the role of Yuu Ishigami
- Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Yurucamp△) as Ai Hayasaka
- Taku Yashiro (Tsubasa Kashiwagi from The [email protected] SideM) voicing Tsubasa
The first season’s production staff includes:
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Grancrest Senki)
- Series Composer: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Carole & Tuesday and The [email protected] SideM Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuko Yahiro (Attack on Titan: Junior High, Diabolik Lovers)
- Art Director: Risa Wakabayashi (Cells at Work!, Mahou Shoujo Ore)
- Music Composer: Kei Haneoka (Monogatari series, Himawari!)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail)
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Aka Akasaka. The series began in mid 2016, serialized under Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine. To date, a total of 16 compiled volumes have been published. There has been two spin-off manga, one by Shinta Sakayama and the other from G3 Ida, both started publication in mid 2018. The series has inspired a TV anime adaptation in January 2019 during the Winter 2018/2019 anime season, directed by Mamoru Hatakeyama (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Grancrest Senki) and produced by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
At the renowned Shuchiin Academy, Miyuki Shirogane and Kaguya Shinomiya are the student body’s top representatives. Ranked the top student in the nation and respected by peers and mentors alike, Miyuki serves as the student council president. Alongside him, the vice president Kaguya—eldest daughter of the wealthy Shinomiya family—excels in every field imaginable. They are the envy of the entire student body, regarded as the perfect couple.
However, despite both having already developed feelings for the other, neither are willing to admit them. The first to confess loses, will be looked down upon, and will be considered the lesser. With their honor and pride at stake, Miyuki and Kaguya are both equally determined to be the one to emerge victorious on the battlefield of love!
The second season of the Kaguya-sama is currently in production and will air this April, during the Spring 2020 anime season.
You can visit the anime’s website here: https://kaguya.love/
And follow their Twitter: @anime_kaguya