The official Twitter account of the anime adaptation of Cool Kyoushinsha’s Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) manga has posted a new tweet regarding an announcement that would take place on the 11th. It is the first tweet from the account since 2019. In addition, a known leaker has revealed that it may be a second season.
— TVアニメ小林さんちのメイドラゴン公式 (@maidragon_anime) August 8, 2020
ryokutya2089 is a well known Japanese site that generally releases magazine leaks, mostly aligned with Weekly Shounen Jump. The site has revealed that a second season of the Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon anime has been announced for 2021.
The news may be surprising since a year ago, Kyoto Animation’s main studio building was targeted in an arson attack. The attack burned down the building, killing 36 staff members and injuring over 30 more staff. One of the victims of the attack was Yasuhiro Takemoto (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya), the director of the anime. Mikiko Watanabe (Musaigen no Phantom World ,Kyoukai no Kanata), the art director of the anime, was also a victim of the arson attack.
The Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon anime aired during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season for a total of 13 episodes.
The main cast of the original anime includes:
- Mutsumi Tamura (Jinta Yadomi in AnoHana) will voice Kobayashi
- Yuuki Kuwahara (Hime Arikawa from Himegoto) voices Tooru
- Maria Naganawa (Theiamillia Gre Fortorthe in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) as Kanna
- Yuuki Takada (Aoba Suzukaze in New Game!) is going to voice Eruma
- Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tadokoro from Shokugeki no Souma) voicing the role of Rukoa
- Daisuke Ono (Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero) who voices Fafnir
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) as Makoto Takiya
The leading members of the anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Series Composer: Yuka Yamada (Bungaku Shoujo Memoire, Sengoku Musou)
- Anime Character Designer: Miku Kadowaki (Amagi Brilliant Park, Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe (Musaigen no Phantom World ,Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (K-ON!, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Music Composer: Masumi Itou (Red Data Girl , Sengoku Musou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (K-On!, Hibike! Euphonium)
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) is a comedy slice of life manga written and illustrated by Cool Kyoushinsha that began in 2013 under Futabasha’s Monthly Action magazine. Since its debut, a total of 8 compiled volumes have been released. Cool Kyoushinsha is also known for the Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 4koma, which was also adapted into an anime series. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon was adapted into an anime series during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. The series was produced by Kyoto Animation (K-On!, Hibike! Euphonium) and directed by Yasuhiro Takemoto (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park), and ran for a total of 13 episodes.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Kobayashi lives alone in an apartment, until one day, Tooru appeared and they ended up living together. Tooru looks down on humans as inferior and foolish, but having been saved by Kobayashi-san, she does everything she can to repay the debt and help her with various things, although not everything goes according to plan.
A mythical everyday life comedy about a hard working office lady living with a dragon girl.
The Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Twitter account is teasing an announcement for August 11th, whilst a leaker has announced a second season.
Source Article - ryokutya2089
"Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon", "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2020 Futabasha, Cool Kyoushinsha, Kyoto Animation and the Committee of Dragon Life Improvement