The official website of the anime adaptation of the Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record) mobile game has revealed that the series is set to run for a total of 13 episodes.
The first details about the Blu-ray and DVD home media release of the anime were revealed. Volumes 1, 4 and 5 will contain 3 episodes whilst volumes 2 and 3 will contain 2 episodes each, totaling 13 episodes. Each volume will contain a specially designed box, a booklet, a special code for the mobile game, a collection of PVs and CMs, and a bonus CD. The Blu-rays will retail for ¥7,800 (~ US$71.00) and the DVDs retailing for ¥6,800 (~ US$61.90), without tax.
The schedule is:
- Volume 1: Episodes 1, 2, 3 – March 4th
- Volume 2: Episodes 4,5 – April 8th
- Volume 3: Episodes 6, 7 – May 13th
- Volume 4: Episodes 8, 9, 10 – June 3rd
- Volume 5: Episodes 11,12, 13 – July 8th
The anime is currently airing every Saturday at 12:00am JST on Tokyo MX, GTV and Tochigi TV.
The main voice cast for the game will return to reprise their role in the upcoming anime:
- Momo Asakura (Ayumi Otosaka in Charlotte) reprises her role as Iroha Tamaki
- Shiina Natsukawa (Nonoka Komiya from Sora no Method) as Yachiyo Nanami
- Emiri Katou (Mayoi Hachikuji in Bakemonogatari) returns as Kyuubey
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) joins the cast to voice Kuroe
- Yui Ogura (Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.) as Sana Futaba
- Ayaka Ohashi (Uzuki Shimamura in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) voices Kaede Akino
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Yachiyo Nanami
- Ayane Sakura (Ochaco Uraraka from Boku no Hero Academia) returns to voice Mitsuki Felicia
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) as Togame Momoko
- Kaori Ishihara (Aladdin in Magi: The Kingdom of Magic) voicing the role of Rena Minami
The leading members of the production staff have also been revealed:
- Director and Series Composer: Gekidan Inu Curry (Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Designer)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Junichirou Taniguchi (Prison School, Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica)
- Art Director: Ken Naito (Owarimonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica)
- Colour Designer: Jin Hibino (Kizumonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica)
- Music Composer: Takumi Ozawa (Hidan no Aria, Divine Gate)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Nisekoi, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Here is the anime’s first PV:
And the second PV:
The game itself is a spin-off of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) anime, a mobile JRPG that follows the story of original character Iroha Tamaki.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) is an original anime series that aired in 2011. The series was produced by Shaft (Bakemonogatari, Nisekoi), and was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo (Bakemonogatari). The series was written by Gen Urobuchi (Fate/zero, Aldnoah.Zero) and the character designs were done by Ume Aoki and Takahiro Kishida. The series received great reception breaking Blu ray sale records, where the franchise has grossed over ¥40 Billion to date. The series was also live streamed on Niconico where over 1 million people watched the series. In addition to the TV series, a trilogy of movies were also released. The first two films recapped the anime series and the final movie, Rebellion, had an original story set after the anime.
Here is the synopsis from MAL:
She has a loving family and best friends, laughs and cries from time to time… Madoka Kaname, an eighth grader of Mitakihara middle school, is one of those who lives such a life. One day, she had a very magical encounter. She doesn’t know if it happened by chance or by fate yet. This is a fateful encounter that can change her destiny—this is a beginning of the new story of the magical girls.
The TV anime adaptation of the Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden is airing every Saturday and will run for a total of 13 episodes.