The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Ryo Shirakome and Takayaki’s Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest) has revealed that the upcoming second season will premiere on January 13th, 2020. In addition, a brand new visual and commercial was also revealed.
The first episode of the anime’s 2nd season will air on Thursday, January 13th, 2022 on ATX at 11:30 pm JST. The anime will also air on Tokyo MX and BS11 at midnight (effectively January 14th). In addition, the site has announced that a special programme will be broadcast a week earlier on January 6th in the same timeslot. The programme will recap events of the 1st season and give a sneak peek at season 2 with the main cast.
A brand new video for Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Season 2 has been released:
Here is the latest full promotional video:
Here is the first PV:
Two new cast members for the second season have been revealed:
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) will voice Freid Bagwa
- Makoto Ishii (Masumi Nishijima in Mirai Nikki) joins the cast to voice Mikhail
The main cast of the anime’s first season will return:
- Toshinari Fukamachi (First major role) leading the cast as Hajime Nagumo
- Yuuki Kuwahara (Tooru in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon) as Yue
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) voicing Tio Clarce
- Saori Oonishi (Eriri Spencer Sawamura in Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) playing as Kaori Shirasaki
- Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tadokoro from Shokugeki no Souma) who voices Shia Haulia
- Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Yurucamp△) as Shizuku Yaegashi
The anime’s second season will have the following production staff (with a change of director and co-studio):
- Director and Series Composer: Akira Iwanaga (Tegami Bachi, Kingdom Season 2)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Shoichi Sato (Corpse Party, Maburaho)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Chika Kojima (Big Order, Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head)
- Music Composer: Ryo Takahashi (High School DxD New, Citrus)
- Animation Studio: asread (Big Order, Corpse Party) and studio MOTHER (Uchuu Senkan Yamato to Iu Jidai: Seireki 2202-nen no Sentaku)
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Ryo Shirakome and illustrated by Takayaki. The series began as a web novel in 2013, with a total of 10 published volumes. The light novel adaptation began in mid-2015 under Overlap’s Overlap Bunko imprint, where a total of 11 volumes have also been published. The series also inspired many manga adaptations and a prequel light novel series. A TV anime adaptation of Arifureta premiered in the Summer 2019 anime season; directed by Kinji Yoshimoto (Queen’s Blade, Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.), and produced by asread (Big Order, Corpse Party) and White Fox (Re:ZERO, Steins;Gate). The anime aired for a total of 13 episodes with two follow-up OVAs.
Here is the MAL synopsis:
The ordinary life of 17-year-old otaku Hajime Nagumo is disrupted when he and his classmates are summoned to a fantasy world and tasked with saving mankind. While his classmates are gifted with impressive abilities useful in combat, Hajime is belittled for only gaining an inferior transmutation skill that lacks any real offensive power.
During an expedition in the Great Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime is betrayed by one of his classmates, plummeting him to the bottom of an abyss. Though he survives the fall, Hajime is faced with menacing monsters and misfortunes that send him spiraling into a grim nightmare. Desperate to live and return home one day, he resolves to fight for his survival—only to meet an imprisoned vampire he names Yue, who is also seeking to escape the labyrinth. Taking an interest in him, Yue and a few others along the way accompany Hajime on his journey to find a way back home, while steadily transforming from commonplace to the world’s strongest.
A second season of the Arifureta anime will air every Thursday on ATX at 11:30 pm JST, from January 13th 2022.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://arifureta.com/
Follow their Twitter: @ARIFURETA_info