The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuumikan and Koin’s Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu (Bofuri: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense) light novel series has announced that the second season will premiere in 2022. The site has also released a new visual with the announcement.
The first season of the Bofuri anime premiered during the 2019/2020 Winter anime season and ran for a total of 12 episodes.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Kaede Hondo (Kukuru Nonomoto in Fushigi na Somera-chan) voicing the role of Maple
- Ruriko Noguchi (Ailane from Show by Rock!!) as Sally
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) voices Kasumi
- Satomi Arai (Kuroko Shirai from Toaru Kagaku no Index) voices Kanade
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) as May
- Nanaka Suwa (Kanan Matsuura from Love Live! Sunshine!!) as Yui
- Noriaki Sugiyama (Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto) as Kuromu
- Satomi Sato (Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!) voicing as Iz
The production staff of the anime includes:
- Directors: Mirai Minato (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya, Masamune-kun no Revenge) and Shin Oonuma (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Kokoro Connect)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Fumihiko Shimo (Non Non Biyori, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Kazuya Hirata (Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya Sekka No Chikai)
- Sound Director: Kisuke Koizumi (Wasurenagumo, Ghost in the Shell: Arise)
- Music Composer: Taro Masuda (Debut role)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya)
Here is the latest promotional video for the first season:
Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu (Bofuri: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense) is an action-adventure comedic light novel series written by Yuumikan with illustrations by Koin. The series first began we an online web novel in 2016 before being picked up in late 2017 by Fujimi Shobo’s Kadokawa Books imprint. To date, a total of 11 volumes have been published in Japan. A manga adaptation of the series started in 2018 by Jiro Oimoto, with a total of 3 compiled volumes. The web novel itself has amassed over 60 million views.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
After an enthusiastic invitation from her friend, Kaede Honjou reluctantly agrees to try New World Online: a very popular VRMMO played by thousands of people across Japan. Naming her in-game character Maple, she sets out on her journey. As a complete novice to such games, she allocates all of her stat points into vitality, desiring to not get hurt. With not a single point in any other stat, Maple has extraordinarily high defense, but she can’t move quickly or hit hard.
This doesn’t end badly for her, however. Due to her high defense, Maple acquires overpowered skills such as Total Defense, Poison Immunity, and Devour. These skills, along with the incredibly powerful items she obtains, allow her to obliterate most enemies in a single hit. After only a few days of playing the game, Maple claims third place in a server-wide event, gaining a reputation as a player who is both unkillable and absurdly powerful.
Despite her overpowered character, Kaede has much to learn. As she progresses through the game, she meets new friends and acquaintances, helping her complete new levels and events. Through all of her adventures, she may even pick up some other crazy skills that exceed all expectations.
The second season of the Bofuri anime is in production and will air sometime in 2022.