The Japanese division of multimedia producer Warner Bros. announced a brand new original anime film set to release on Netflix on April 2022: Bubble. The upcoming film will feature an impressive staff selection, including animation from Wit Studio and screenplay from Gen Urobuchi.
The film will first release on Netflix worldwide on April 28, 2022. For those who would want to watch the film on the big screen, Bubble will be released in theatres across Japan from May 13th, 2022.
Here is the first teaser trailer for Bubble:
The leading members of the anime’s cast were announced:
- Jun Shison (First major role)
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe in Steins;Gate)
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan)
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora)
The revealed production staff includes many big names:
- Director: Tetsuro Araki (Attack on Titan, Death Note)
- Screenplay Writer: Gen Urobuchi (Fate/Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Original Character Design Artist: Takeshi Obata (Deat Note, Bakuman)
- Music Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown)
- Animation Studio: Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, Owari no Seraph)
Here is the film’s synopsis:
The story is set in Tokyo, after bubbles that broke the laws of gravity rained down upon the world.
Cut off from the outside world, Tokyo has become a playground for a group of young people who have lost their families, acting as a battlefield for parkour team battles as they leap from building to building.
Hibiki, a young ace known for his dangerous play style, makes a reckless move one day and plummets into the gravity-bending sea. His life is saved by Uta, a girl with mysterious powers. The pair then hear a unique sound audible only to them.
Why did Uta appear before Hibiki? Their encounter leads to a revelation that will change the world.
A brand new original anime film titled Bubble is currently in production and is set to release worldwide on Netflix on April 28, 2022.