The official website of the anime adaptation of Aka Akasaka’s Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) has announced that the upcoming third season will premiere in April 2022. In addition, the first key visual and promotional video were also revealed for Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: -Ultra Romantic- (Kaguya-sama: Love Is War -Ultra Romantic-).
Here is the first promotional video for the third season, which is a 9-minute mini-episode titled Yu Ishigami Wants to Chat:
The main cast of the anime will return for season 3:
- Aoi Koga (Hanabi from Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls) voicing Kaguya Shinomiya
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) as Miyuki Shirogane
- Konomi Kohara (Akane Mizuno from Tsuki ga Kirei) who voices Chika Fujiwara
- Ryouta Suzuki (Ryouhei Yamanouchi in Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu) voicing the role of Yuu Ishigami
- Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Yurucamp△) as Ai Hayasaka
- Miyu Tomita (Umaru Doma in Himouto! Umaru-chan) as Miko Iino
The production staff from the prior seasons will return for season 3:
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Grancrest Senki)
- Series Composer: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Carole & Tuesday and The [email protected] SideM Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuko Yahiro (Attack on Titan: Junior High, Diabolik Lovers)
- Art Director: Risa Wakabayashi (Cells at Work!, Mahou Shoujo Ore)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Kei Haneoka (Monogatari series, Himawari!)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail)
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Aka Akasaka. The series began in mid-2016, serialized under Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine. To date, a total of 23 compiled volumes have been published. There have been two spin-off manga, one by Shinta Sakayama and the other from G3 Ida, both started publication in mid-2018. The series has inspired a TV anime adaptation in January 2019 during the Winter 2018/2019 anime season, directed by Mamoru Hatakeyama and produced by A-1 Pictures. The anime received a second season in the Spring 2020 anime season. The series has also inspired two live-action film adaptations in 2019 and 2021.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
At the renowned Shuchiin Academy, Miyuki Shirogane and Kaguya Shinomiya are the student body’s top representatives. Ranked the top student in the nation and respected by peers and mentors alike, Miyuki serves as the student council president. Alongside him, the vice president Kaguya—eldest daughter of the wealthy Shinomiya family—excels in every field imaginable. They are the envy of the entire student body, regarded as the perfect couple.
However, despite both having already developed feelings for the other, neither are willing to admit them. The first to confess loses, will be looked down upon, and will be considered the lesser. With their honor and pride at stake, Miyuki and Kaguya are both equally determined to be the one to emerge victorious on the battlefield of love!
The third season anime adaptation of Kaguya-sama is in production for an April 2022 broadcast, during the Spring 2022 anime season.