The first promotional video has been released for the second season anime adaptation of Cool Kyoushinsha’s Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) manga, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S. The new video features the return of our favourite dragons and programmer. The video also introduces to us a new character, Ilulu who will be voiced by Tomomi Mineuchi (Eiko Tokura from Slow Start).
The second season of the Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon anime will air in July.
A series of character promotional videos were recently released for the main cast:
The site has revealed a new cast member for the second season:
- Tomomi Mineuchi (Eiko Tokura from Slow Start) joins the cast to voice Ilulu
The main cast of the first season returns for season 2:
- Mutsumi Tamura (Jinta Yadomi in AnoHana) will voice Kobayashi
- Yuuki Kuwahara (Hime Arikawa from Himegoto) voices Tooru
- Maria Naganawa (Theiamillia Gre Fortorthe in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) as Kanna
- Yuuki Takada (Aoba Suzukaze in New Game!) is going to voice Eruma
- Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tadokoro from Shokugeki no Souma) voicing the role of Rukoa
The leading members of the anime’s production staff consist of:
- Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Series Composer: Yuka Yamada (Bungaku Shoujo Memoire, Sengoku Musou)
- Anime Character Designer: Miku Kadowaki (Amagi Brilliant Park, Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe (Musaigen no Phantom World ,Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (K-ON!, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Music Composer: Masumi Itou (Red Data Girl , Sengoku Musou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (K-On!, Hibike! Euphonium)
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) is a comedy slice of life manga written and illustrated by Cool Kyoushinsha that began in 2013 under Futabasha’s Monthly Action magazine. Since its debut, a total of 8 compiled volumes have been released. Cool Kyoushinsha is also known for the Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 4koma, which was also adapted into an anime series. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon was adapted into an anime series during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. The series was produced by Kyoto Animation (K-On!, Hibike! Euphonium) and directed by Yasuhiro Takemoto (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park), and ran for a total of 13 episodes.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Kobayashi lives alone in an apartment, until one day, Tooru appeared and they ended up living together. Tooru looks down on humans as inferior and foolish, but having been saved by Kobayashi-san, she does everything she can to repay the debt and help her with various things, although not everything goes according to plan.
A mythical everyday life comedy about a hard working office lady living with a dragon girl.