The official website of the anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) has revealed a brand new visual and promotional video for the upcoming 5th season. Season 5 will premiere on March 27, 2021, at 5:30pm JST on YTV and NTV.
A third promotional video for the new season has been released, which previews the anime’s opening theme song No. 1 by DISH//:
Here is the anime’s second PV:
And the first video:
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) is back to voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) voicing All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing as Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) as Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice as Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) voicing as Minoru Mineta
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) is voicing Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Mina Ashido
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Director: Masahiro Mukai (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action-adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 28 volumes have been compiled. The series is currently one of the highest-selling manga in Japan, with over 30 million copies in print. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The first season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime ran for a total of 13 episodes, airing throughout the Spring 2016 anime season. A second season followed in the Spring 2017 anime season, which ran for 25 episodes, followed by the third season in 2018 and the fourth season in 2019.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The fifth season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime will begin its broadcast on March 27, 2021, at 5:30pm JST on YTV and NTV.