The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Satoru Yamaguchi and Nami Hidaka’s Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta… (My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!) light novel series has revealed that the series’ second season will premiere this July (Summer 2021). The site has also revealed the first key visual and promotional video for season 2.
Here is the first PV for season 2, titled Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta… X, which briefly previews the upcoming antics and potential doom flags of Katarina Claes:
The main cast of the anime consists of:
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) leads the cast as Katarina Claes
- Shouta Aoi (Daiki Tomii from Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49) as Geordo Stuart
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) voices Alan Stuart
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) as Nicol Ascart
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) voicing the role of Keith Claes
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) voicing as Sirius Dieke
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Maria Campbell
- Miho Okasaki (Rimuru Tempest in Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken) as Mary Hunt
- Inori Minase (Rem from Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) voicing Sophia Ascart
The leading members of the production staff includes:
- Director: Keisuke Inoue (Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)
- Series Composer: Megumi Shimizu (Soul Eater and Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer: Miwa Oshima (GJ Club, Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya)
Here is the latest promotional video for the first season:
Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta… (My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!) is a romantic, comedy, fantasy light novel series written by Satoru Yamaguchi with illustrations by Nami Hidaka. The series began as an online novel in 2014, published on Shousetsuka ni Narou. Japanese publisher Ichijinsha started publishing the series as a light novel in 2015 under their Bunko Iris imprint. To date, a total of 9 volumes have been published. A manga adaptation began in the following year under Ichijinsha’s Monthly Comic Zero Sum magazine, with a total of 3 published volumes. The manga is also drawn by Hidaka. The series was adapted into a TV anime in Spring 2020, running for a total of 12 episodes. It was directed by Keisuke Inoue (Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai) and produced by Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya).
Here is the MAL synopsis:
Eight-year-old Katarina Claes is the only daughter of a duke, living her life peacefully and without incident until she hits her head on a rock… and then remembers that she is not actually the duke’s daughter. She used to be an otaku who died on her way to school after spending the entire previous night playing Fortune Lover, her favorite otome game. After noticing that her current surroundings seem oddly familiar, she is shocked to discover that she has been reincarnated into the world of Fortune Lover as the villainess.
The villainess in the game usually winds up dead or exiled, so Katarina decides to use her knowledge of the game and its routes to avoid any bad situations. But is it even possible for the villainess to reach a good ending?
The second season of the anime, also known as HameHura, will begin its broadcast this July, during the Summer 2021 anime season.