The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Shinichi Fukuda’s Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru (My Dress-Up Darling) has revealed that the upcoming series will premiere on January 9th. The site has also unveiled a brand new visual, promotional video and cast members.
The Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru anime will begin its broadcast on the midnight of Saturday, January 8th (effectively Sunday, January 9th) on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, GTV, and BS11. The anime will then air on the 9th on AT-X at 10:00 pm JST, the 11th at 2:29 am JST on Yomiuri TV, and on the 14th at 11:56 am JST.
The second promotional video has been released for the Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru anime, which previews the main cast and opening theme song, Bright Days by Spira Spica:
Here is the anime’s first PV:
Three new cast members have been announced for the series:
- Hina Youmiya (Nodoka Yagi from Selection Project) joins the cast to voice Shinju Inui
- Atsumi Tanezaki (Lisa Mishima from Zankyou no Terror) as Sajuna Inui
- Atsushi Ono (Grandfather Cranel from DanMachi) as Kaoru Gojo
They will join the previously revealed cast:
- Hina Suguta (First major role) leads the cast as Marin Kitagawa
- Shouya Ishige (Yuusaku Fujiki in Yu Gi Oh! VRAINS) will voice the role of Wakana Gojou
The key members of the production staff include:
- Director: Keisuke Shinohara (Blackfox, A3! Season Spring & Summer)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Yoriko Tomita (Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Come, Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu Mama)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Kazumasa Ishida (Kiznaiver and Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata Character Designer Assistant)
- Sound Director: Akiko Fujita (Hanayamata, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
- Music Composer: Takeshi Nakatsuka (BroCon, Mahou Shoujo Ore)
- Animation Studio: CloverWorks (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai, Persona 5: 5 the Animation)
Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru (My Dress-Up Darling) is a romantic slice of life manga written and illustrated by Shinichi Fukuda. The series began serialization in early 2018 under Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine, where to date a total of 8 compiled volumes have been published. The series placed 6th in the Comics category at the 2019 Tsugini kuru Manga Taishou awards. It was also ranked 3rd in the 2020 Honya Club’s Nationwide Bookstore Employees’ Recommended Comics survey.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Traumatized by a childhood incident with a friend who took exception to his love of traditional dolls, doll-artisan hopeful Wakana Gojou passes his days as a loner, finding solace in the home ec room at his high school. To Wakana, people like beautiful Marin Kitagawa, a trendy girl who’s always surrounded by a throng of friends, is practically an alien from another world. But when cheerful Marin—never one to be shy—spots Wakana sewing away one day after school, she barges in with the aim of roping her quiet classmante into her secret hobby: cosplay! Will Wakana’s wounded heart be able to handle the invasion from this sexy alien?!
The TV anime adaptation of Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru will air every Saturday, January 8th at midnight (effectively Sunday, January 9th) on Tokyo MX.