The official website of the anime adaptation of Negi Haruba’s 5 Toubun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets) has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming sequel film. In addition, updated character designs for the main cast have also been revealed.
The upcoming film is set to release in theatres across Japan on May 20, 2022.
Here is the film’s previous main visual:
Updated character designs has been revealed for the returning main cast:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) leading the cast as Fuutarou Uesugi
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) as Ichika Nakano
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) voices the role of Nino Nakano
- Miku Itou (Kokoro Tsurumaki from BanG Dream!) as Miku Nakano
- Ayane Sakura (Ochaco Uraraka from Boku no Hero Academia) as Yotsuba Nakano
- Inori Minase (Rem from Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) voicing the role of Itsuki Nakano
The production staff of the upcoming film consists of:
- Director: Masato Jinbo (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya)
- Series Composer: Keiichirou Ochi (Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!, Kin-iro no Corda Blue♪Sky)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Masato Katsumata (Azur Lane and Mahoutsukai no Yome Key Animator)
- Sound Director: Hajime Takakuwa (Spice and Wolf, Ace of Diamond)
- Music Composers: Hanae Nakamura (Clockwork Planet, Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…) and Miki Sakurai (Hi Score Girl, Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…)
- Animation Studio: Bibury Animation Studio (Azur Lane, Grisaia: Phantom Trigger)
Here is the film’s 1st trailer:
5 Toubun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Negi Haruba. The manga began in 2017 and ran for a total of 14 volumes, finishing in early 2020. The series was published by Kodansha under their Weekly Shonen Magazine. The series received a TV anime adaptation in the Winter 2019/2020 anime season, being directed by Satoshi Kuwahara (5-toubun no Hanayome, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal) and produced by Tezuka Productions (Black Jack, Sakamichi no Apollon). The anime received a second season adaptation, 5 Toubun no Hanayome ∬, during the Winter 2020/2021 anime season.
A video game adaptation of 5 Toubun no Hanayome was released for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in March 2021.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Fuutarou Uesugi is an ace high school student, but leads an otherwise tough life. His standoffish personality and reclusive nature have left him friendless, and his father is debt-ridden, forcing his family to scrape by.
One day during his lunch break, Uesugi argues with a female transfer student who has claimed “his seat,” leading both of them to dislike each other. That same day, he is presented with a golden opportunity to clear his family’s debt: a private tutoring gig for a wealthy family’s daughter, with a wage of five times the market price. He accepts the proposal, but is horrified to discover that the client, Itsuki Nakano, is the girl he confronted earlier!
After unsuccessfully trying to get back on Itsuki’s good side, Uesugi finds out that his problems don’t end there: Itsuki is actually a quintuplet, so in addition to her, he must also tutor her sisters—Miku, Yotsuba, Nino, and Ichika—who, despite the very real threat of flunking, want nothing to do with a tutor. However, his family’s livelihood is on the line so Uesugi pushes on, adamant in his resolve to rid the sisters of their detest for studying and successfully lead them to graduation.
A 5 Toubun no Hanayome sequel film is currently in production for a May 20, 2022 premiere.