At the recent premiere event for the anime adaptation of Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man, the staff revealed that the upcoming series will run for a total of 12 episodes.
オープニング・テーマは #米津玄師「KICK BACK」に決定！ 共同編曲に #常田大希 を迎えた楽曲が本PVで解禁！挿入歌は #マキシマムザホルモン、全12話の週替わりEDを彩る豪華アーティスト＆追加キャストも発表！
— チェンソーマン【公式】 (@CHAINSAWMAN_PR) September 19, 2022
In addition, the event has also revealed that the anime will have a total of 12 different Ending songs and visuals, one for each episode. The songs are:
- 200 cm blades by MAXIMUM THE HORMONE
- All Kinds of Kisses by ano
- Fight Song by eve
- Deep Down by Aimer
- Rendezvous by Kanaria
- In the Back Room by syudou
- Violence by Queen Bee
- Time Left by Zutomayo
- First Death by TK from Ling tosite sigure
- tablet by Tooboe
- Chainsaw Blood by Vaundy
- Dogland by People 1
The Chainsaw Man anime will premiere at midnight on Tuesday, October 11 (effectively Wednesday, October 12) JST on TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, TV Setouchi, TV Hokkaido, and TVQ Kyushu. The anime will also be simulcasted on Amazon Prime Video.
The main cast of the anime has been revealed alongside the first look at the character designs:
- Kikunosuke Toya (Debut anime role) leads the cast as Denji
- Tomori Kusunoki (Sumika Kagami from Muv-Luv Alternative) as Makima
- Ai Fairouz (Jolyne Kuujou from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean) joins the cast to voice Power
- Shougo Sakata (Ranmaru Ai in Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu) as Aki Hayakawa
- Shiori Izawa (Nanachi in Made in Abyss) joins the cast to voice
A brand new trailer has been released, teasing whats to come and previewing the anime’s Opening theme song, Kick Back by Kenshi Yonezu:
Here is the first PV:
The leading members of anime’s production staff include:
- Chief Director: Makoto Nakazono (Jujutsu Kaisen and DARLING in the FRANXX Episode Director)
- Director: Ryu Nakayama (Wake Up, Girls! and Gamers! Assistant Animation Director)
- Series Composer: Hiroshi Seko (Mob Psycho 100, Attack on Titan: Final Season)
- Anime Character Designer: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei)
- Art Director: Yusuke Takeda (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Guilty Crown)
- Music Composer: Kensuke Ushio (Liz to Aoi Tori, Koe no Katachi)
- Animation Studio: MAPPA (Yuri!! on Ice, Attack on Titan: Final Season)
Chainsaw Man is an action-adventure manga written and illustrated by Tatsuki Fujimoto. The series began in 2018 and is published by Shueisha in their Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. To date, a total of 11 volumes have been published, with the 11th volume set to release in Japan on January 4, 2021. Since its debut, the manga has received numerous nominations, including the 2019 Manga Taisho awards, the Tsutaya Comic Awards, and the upcoming Shogakukan Manga Awards. The manga has also reached over 11 million copies in circulation around the country.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Denji has a simple dream—to live a happy and peaceful life, spending time with a girl he likes. This is a far cry from reality, however, as Denji is forced by the yakuza into killing devils in order to pay off his crushing debts. Using his pet devil Pochita as a weapon, he is ready to do anything for a bit of cash.
Unfortunately, he has outlived his usefulness and is murdered by a devil in contract with the yakuza. However, in an unexpected turn of events, Pochita merges with Denji’s dead body and grants him the powers of a chainsaw devil. Now able to transform parts of his body into chainsaws, a revived Denji uses his new abilities to quickly and brutally dispatch his enemies. Catching the eye of the official devil hunters who arrive at the scene, he is offered work at the Public Safety Bureau as one of them. Now with the means to face even the toughest of enemies, Denji will stop at nothing to achieve his simple teenage dreams.
The TV anime adaptation of the Chainsaw Man will air every Tuesday at midnight JST (effectively Wednesday) on TV Tokyo from October 11th, during the Fall/Autumn 2022 anime season.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://chainsawman.dog/
And follow their Twitter here: @CHAINSAWMAN_PR