The official website of the anime adaptation of Aka Akasaka’s Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) has revealed that the upcoming anime film will release in theatres across Japan on December 17. The film will be titled Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: First Kiss wa Owaranai (Kaguya-sama: Love is War – The First Kiss That Never Ends).
Advanced tickets for the movie are currently on sale, retailing for ¥1,500 (~ US$10.30). The ticket includes a card case with one of three designs.
The first trailer for the upcoming film has been released:
The main cast will return for the movie:
- Aoi Koga (Hanabi from Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls) voicing Kaguya Shinomiya
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) as Miyuki Shirogane
- Konomi Kohara (Akane Mizuno from Tsuki ga Kirei) who voices Chika Fujiwara
- Ryouta Suzuki (Ryouhei Yamanouchi in Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu) voicing the role of Yuu Ishigami
- Miyu Tomita (Umaru Doma in Himouto! Umaru-chan) as Miko Iino
The production staff for the film includes:
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Grancrest Senki)
- Series Composer: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Carole & Tuesday and The [email protected] SideM Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuko Yahiro (Attack on Titan: Junior High, Diabolik Lovers)
- Art Director: Risa Wakabayashi (Cells at Work!, Mahou Shoujo Ore)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Kei Haneoka (Monogatari series, Himawari!)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail)
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Aka Akasaka. The series ran from mid-2016 to November 2022 for a total of 27 volumes. The manga was serialized under Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine. There has been two spin-off manga, one by Shinta Sakayama and the other from G3 Ida, both started publication in mid-2018. The series has inspired a TV anime adaptation in January 2019 during the Winter 2018/2019 anime season, directed by Mamoru Hatakeyama and produced by A-1 Pictures. The anime received a second season in the Spring 2020 anime season, and a third season in the Spring 2022 anime season. The series has also inspired two live-action film adaptations in 2019 and 2021.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
At the renowned Shuchiin Academy, Miyuki Shirogane and Kaguya Shinomiya are the student body’s top representatives. Ranked the top student in the nation and respected by peers and mentors alike, Miyuki serves as the student council president. Alongside him, the vice president Kaguya—eldest daughter of the wealthy Shinomiya family—excels in every field imaginable. They are the envy of the entire student body, regarded as the perfect couple.
However, despite both having already developed feelings for the other, neither are willing to admit them. The first to confess loses, will be looked down upon, and will be considered the lesser. With their honor and pride at stake, Miyuki and Kaguya are both equally determined to be the one to emerge victorious on the battlefield of love!
The Kaguya-sama anime film is in production and will release in theatres across Japan on December 17.