The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Kyousuke Kamishiro and Takayaki’s Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Moto Kano Datta (My Stepmom’s Daughter Is My Ex) has announced that the series will premiere this July, during the Summer 2022 anime season. In addition, a brand new visual, promotional video, and cast members were also revealed.
A brand new promotional video has been released, which introduces the main characters of the upcoming series:
The main cast of the upcoming anime has been released with their associated character designs:
- Rina Hidaka (Airi Kashii in Ro-Kyu-Bu!) will lead the cast as Yume Irido
- Hiro Shimono (Zenitsu Agatsuma in Demon Slayer) as Mizuto Irido
- Ikumi Hasegawa (Vladilena Milize from 86) joins the cast to voice Akatsuki Minami
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Katsuki Bakugou in Boku no Hero Academia) as Kogure Kawanami
- Miyu Tomita (Umaru Doma in Himouto! Umaru-chan) as Isana Higashira
The leading members of the staff include:
- Director: Shinsuke Yanagi (Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS, Momokyun Sword)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Deko Akao (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Katsuyuki Sato (Yubisaki kara Honki no Netsujou: Osananajimi wa Shouboushi)
- Music Composer: Hiromi Mizutani (Non Non Biyori, Toriko)
- Sound Director: Yayoi Tateishi (Domestic na Kanojo, Isekai Cheat Magician)
- Animation Studio: project No.9 (Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga.)
Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Moto Kano Datta (My Stepmom’s Daughter Is My Ex) is a romantic comedy light novel series written by Kyousuke Kamishiro with illustrations from Takayaki. The series began in 2017 as an online novel on the Kakuyomu website. In late 2018 the series began serialization by Kadokawa Shoten under their Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko imprint. To date, a total of 8 volumes have been published. The series also received a manga adaptation in mid-2019 from Rei Kusakabe.
Here is the synopsis from MAL:
A certain boy and girl in middle school became lovers, flirted with each other, disagreed on trivial things, became more frequently irritated with each other rather than excited… and ended up breaking up on graduation. And so the two of them, Mizuto Irido and Yume Ayai, wound up meeting each other in the most unexpected fashion.
“Isn’t it obvious that I’m the elder brother?”
“Isn’t it obvious that I’m the elder sister?”
The children of the partner of their parents’ remarriage were ex-lovers?!
The former couple, mindful of their parent’s feelings, decided on a “sibling rule” where the one who becomes conscious of the other as the opposite sex loses, but… When they encounter each other in the bathroom, commute to and from school together… along with the memories of the past and living under the same roof, just how do they disregard each other?!
The TV anime adaptation of Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Moto Kano Datta will air this July during the Summer 2022 anime season.