The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Square Enix and Yoko Taro’s NieR: Automata has released a brand new character visual for the upcoming series NieR:Automata Ver1.1a. The new visual features Adam and Eve.
Here are the anime’s previous visuals
The main cast of the video game will return to reprise their roles in the anime:
- Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan) returns to voice 2B
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) is back as 9S
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Hoozuki from Hoozuki no Reitetsu) as Pod 042
- Kaoru Akiyama (First Major Role) as Pod 153
- Chiaki Kano (First Major Role) as Commander White
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) is back to voice Pascal
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) will voice Adam
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) as Eve
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director and Series Composer: Ryouji Masuyama (Blend S, Hello WeGo!)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Jun Nakai (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Gin no Saji)
- Music Composer: MONACA (Death March Kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, Ochikobore Fruit Tart)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail)
Here is the anime’s announcement trailer:
NieR: Automata is an action JRPG developed by Platinum Games and published by Square Enix. The game was originally released in 2017 for the PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam. It was released on the Xbox One in the following year. The game is a sequel to 2010’s Nier, developed by Cavia. The Nier games are set in the Drakengard universe, all of which have been created by director Yoko Taro. The game was released to critical acclaim reviews and sold over 6 million copies.
Here is the game’s synopsis from Steam:
NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines.
Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, a war between machines and androids rages on… A war that could soon unveil a long-forgotten truth of the world.
The upcoming TV anime adaptation of Square Enix and Yoko Taro’s NieR: Automata will air in January 2023, during the Winter 2022/2023 anime season.