The official website of the anime adaptation of Kotoyama’s Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) has revealed the first details for Seri Kikiyou. The new details include a visual, promotional video, and Seri’s voice actress.
Here is the new promotional video that introduces to us Seri Kikiyou:
Here is the previous PV that introduces Akira Asai:
Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online) joins the cast to voice Seri Kikiyou
She will join the previously revealed cast:
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) leads the cast as Nazuna Nanakusa
- Gen Satou (Chrome in Dr. Stone) as Kou Yamori
- Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Yurucamp△) as Akira Asai.
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Tetsuya Miyanishi (Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi and Love Live! Sunshine!! Over the Rainbow Unit Director)
- Director: Tomoyuki Itamura (Monogatari Series Second Season, Owarimonogatari)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Prison School, ReLIFE)
- Anime Character Designer: Haruka Sagawa (Kamiari no Kodomo, Dounika Naru Hibi)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, Arslan Senki)
The anime’s theme song will be performed by Creepy Nuts.
Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) is a supernatural romantic manga written and illustrated by Kotoyama. The series began in late 2019 under Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. To date, a total of 10 volumes have been published. Kotoyama is also known as the creator of the Dagashi Kashi manga, which was also adapted into a TV anime in 2016. The Dagashi Kashi manga ran from 2014 until 2018 for a total of 11 volumes.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Kou Yamori seems like a typical middle school student on the surface. Relatively good at studies and amiable with his classmates, he puts a lot of effort into maintaining this facade. One day, however, he decides to stop pretending and quits school, developing insomnia as a result of having no daytime outlet for his energy. When taking walks alone at night, he feels marginally better, though he is aware that his inability to sleep should be considered a serious problem.
On one such walk, Kou meets a weird girl, Nazuna Nanakusa, who diagnoses the cause of his sleeplessness: despite making changes in his life, he is still holding himself back from experiencing true freedom. She says that he won’t be able to sleep unless he is satisfied with how he spends his waking hours. When it appears that she has resolved his current worries, Nazuna invites him back to her apartment to share her futon. After a while, unaware that he is only feigning unconsciousness, she leans over him—and bites his neck!
The TV anime adaptation of Yofukashi no Uta is in production and is slated for July 2022 on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block, during the Summer 2022 anime season.