During the recent Sega Networks Fan Kanshasai event it was announced that Sega’s Chain Chronicle will be receiving another anime adaptation, this time being a full TV series that will air next year.
The series received an anime adaptation earlier in the year in the form of an OVA series. The OVAs are a total of 8 episodes that are 5 minutes long and will release on December 18 on DVD and Blu-ray. There was no confirmation whether the cast and staff of the OVAs will return for the TV series. The OVA cast includes:
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) as the Hero and Haruaki
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voicing as Phina and Touka
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices Pirika and Ninfa
- Junichi Yanagita (First major role) playing the roles of Werner and Knuckle
- Shiori Mikami (Akari Akaza from YuruYuri)
The production staff of the OVA includes:
- Director: Takeshi Mori (Vandread, Stratos 4)
- Character Designer: Hiromi Kato (Guilty Crown, Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun)
- Script Writer: QUALIA (Game Scenario Writer)
- Animation Studios: Sotsu (Cardfight!! Vanguard, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Producers) and Jumonji (Debut anime)
Here is the visual for the OVA:
The event also revealed some new information for upcoming events for the Chain Chronicle iOS and Google application, and the PlayStation Vita port.
There will be numerous events in the future, such as:
- The first new event is a casino event that is currently being held. During this event there will be an opportunity to win double rewards and a new character for Christmas, the Christmas Eve Saint Nicole.
- The next event will be the Genie Invasion event that will begin from the 25th. A mysterious character has appeared in the world bringing genies along with them. The event has players participate in events to defeat the genies, where the player with the most kills is the victor. Two of the new characters have been revealed, the Decorative Genie Frogabitus and the Missionary of Gin:
- To celebrate New Years a special Nine Region Festival that will occur continuously for an unannounced time. New characters will make an appearance.
- The next event will occur from January 13 till February 12 next year. It will be a Pixiv artwork competition with a total prize pool of ¥2,000,000 (~ $20,000 USD).
An event from outside of the game is currently being held in the real world. A special Chain Chronicle themed cafe, titled Chainchro Cafe, will run from today for a total of 2 months serving various drinks, food and courses based on the series. There will also be lotteries where you can win a special original sticker based on 25 characters from the games. It is currently held at Marui City Shibuya, Tokyo.
The last big announcement is a crossover event with the Chain Chronicle games and the recent anime adaptation of Nakaba Suzuki’s Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven Deadly Sins) manga, produced by A-1 Pictures (Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online). The crossover event will be a large collaboration and more details about it will be revealed soon.
Chain Chronicle is a mobile RPG developed and published by Sega that features full voice acting that released in 2013. The game is currently available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. A PlayStation Vita version of the game was released earlier this Summer as Chain Chronicle V.
The Chain Chronicle TV anime adaptation will air in 2015. More information about the anime will release in the upcoming months.