The official website of the anime adaptation of Takaya Kagami, Daisuke Furuya and Yamato Yamamoto’s Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) manga has revealed that the upcoming series will be airing from April 4th on Tokyo MX. Additionally, a new visual, additional members of the cast and the main theme songs of the anime were also revealed.
Two new cast members have been revealed for the upcoming anime that will be voicing supporting characters:
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will join the cast to voice Krul Tepes, a queen who rules Sanguinem, the city of vampire. She is the Third Progenitor and holds extraordinary power. 4 years ago, she gave her own blood to Mikaela who was terribly injured from a fight with Ferid, and resurrected him as a vampire.
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) will voice Crowly Eusford, a noble of the Thirteenth Progenitor and belongs to the faction led by Ferid Bathory. He participated in the battle for Shinjuku, and at the battle with Shinoa’s squad, showed his overpowering ability which even beat down Yuichiro with the Black Demon gear!!
They will join the previously announced main cast:
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito ) will voice Yuuichirou Hyakuya
- Kensho Ono (Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket) will be voicing Mikaela Hyakuya
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) as Guren Ichinose
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) who will voice Felid Bathory
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) voicing the role of Shinoa Hiiragi
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) who will voice Shiho Kimizuki
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Mitsuba Sangu
And the remainder of the supporting cast of the anime:
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing as Yoichi Saotome
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) will voice Kureto Hiragi
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) is voicing Shinya Hiragi
The website has also revealed the Opening and Ending themes of the Owari no Seraph anime. The OP will be X.U. performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Gemie and the ED is scaPEGoat by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Yosh. Both songs will be composed by Hiroyuki Sawano and will be released on May 20.
The anime’s staff were earlier revealed and are as follows:
- Director: Daisuke Tokutsuchi (Debut directing role, Attack on Titan episode director)
- Assistant Director: Masashi Koizuka (Various roles on Attack on Titan, Baccano! Key Animator)
- Series Composer and Screenplay Writer: Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Zankyou no Terror)
- Anime Character Designer: Satoshi Kadowaki (Various roles on Attack on Titan, Black Rock Shooter Key Animator)
- Storyboard Artist: Hiroki Shinagawa (Medaka Box)
- Music Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill)
- Animation Studio: Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, Rolling☆Girls)
Here is the first official trailer of the anime with English subtitles, which introduces the main characters of the series and premise.
Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) is a manga series written by Takaya Kagami, illustrated by Yamato Yamamoto and storyboarded by Daisuke Furuya. Kagami is also the creator of the The Legend of the Legendary Heroes light novel series, and Yamamoto is known for illustrating the Kure-nai light novels, both of which already received anime adaptations. The manga began publication in 2012 in Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine and to date has a total of 7 volumes published.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world’s dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.
The Owari no Seraph anime will be airing from April 4th on Tokyo MX at 10:00pm JST during the Spring 2015 anime season, before taking a season break and returning in October in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season.
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Image – Moca News
“Owari no Seraph”, “Seraph of the End”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Takaya Kagami, Yamato Yamamoto, Daisuke Furuya, Shueisha, and Wit Studio