The official website for the anime adaptation of Koi’s Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the order a rabbit?) 4koma manga has released a brand new browser mini-game based on the series. The game itself is based on mobile gacha (card collection/gambling) games, with a big inspiration from Chain Chronicle.
The game itself is called Chimame Chronicle and features the anime’s main characters dressed up in similar costumes as the characters from Chain Chronicle. Like a gacha game, you go into the site and can summon characters that will be able to aid you in your battles. However, different from most gacha games the pulls are free and infinite. So you can get that Ultra Rare mage Chino in no time.
Here are all the available cards you can pull from Chimame Chronicle:
Additionally, if you are able to pull three of the Medal cards (the gold one) you are presented with a small reward, one of the following wallpapers (click for the full resolution):
Unfortunately, this game is just a little surprise for today. However, a lot of work was put into this small mini-game, where even the characters are voiced. To see the in its full glory, visit the following link (note audio autoplays): http://www.gochiusa.com/
If you want more Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??, there will be a theatrical screening of a bonus episode this May.
The main cast of the series includes:
- Ayane Sakura (Natsumi Koshigaya in Non Non Biyori) returns to voice Kokoa Hoto
- Inori Minase (Noel in Sora no Method) voicing as Chino Kafuu
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) voices Rize Tedeza
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Sharo Kirima
- Satomi Sato (Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!) as Chiya Ujimatsu
- Sora Tokui (Nico Yazawa in Love Live! School Idol Project) is back to voice Maya Jouga
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) voices Megumi Natsu
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) is voicing as Midori Aoyama
- Show Hayami (Nicholas D. Wolfwood in Trigun) voicing as Takahiro Kafuu
The production staff of the anime’s second season consists of:
- Director: Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
- Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Hajime no Ippo Rising, Ben-To)
- Anime Character Designer: Yousuke Okuda (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, The [email protected] Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Ruka Kawada (Kiniro Mosaic, Senran Kagura)
- Animation Studios: White Fox (Steins;Gate, Akame ga KILL!) and Kinema Citrus (Barakamon, Code:Breaker)
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the order a rabbit?) is a comedy, slice of life, 4koma manga written and illustrated by Koi. The manga began in 2011 being published in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Max magazine. To date a total of 5 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. A 12 episode anime adaptation of the series was produced last year by White Fox (Steins;Gate, Akame ga Kill!) and was directed by Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Code Geass and Tiger & Bunny Episode Director). A second season of the anime aired in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season for 12 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Kokoa Hoto is a positive and energetic girl who becomes friends with anyone in just three seconds. After moving in with the Kafuu family in order to attend high school away from home, she immediately befriends the shy and precocious granddaughter of Rabbit House cafe’s founder, Chino Kafuu, who is often seen with the talking rabbit, Tippy, on her head.
After beginning to work as a waitress in return for room and board, Kokoa also befriends another part-timer, Rize Tedeza, who has unusual behavior and significant physical capabilities due to her military upbringing; Chiya Ujimatsu, a waitress from a rival cafe who does everything at her own pace; and Sharo Kirima, another waitress at a different cafe who has the air of a noblewoman despite being impoverished.
Chain Chronicle will only be available for a limited time, so make sure you have a try before it goes away. And try not to be too salty if you don’t pull what you get. There will also be a new episode of Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? that will be getting a limited theatrical release this May.
"Gochuumon Wa Usagi Desu Ka?", "Is the order a rabbit?, images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Koi, White Fox, Kinema Citrus. Houbunsha and the Gochuumon Production Committee