The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Natsume Akatsuki and Kurone Mishima’s Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) series has announced that an OVA of the series will be bundled with the light novel’s 12th volume.
A special edition of the light novel’s 12th volume will be bundled with an OVA on Blu-ray, an episode that was not aired. The bundle will also feature a special box of the volume’s cover art (above). The volume will release in Japan on July 24.
There are a total of 5 Blu-ray and DVD volumes for the anime’s second season (not to be confused with the light novels), similar to the first. Each volume will contain 2 episodes as well as a special limited edition PC Game, an illustration box drawn by original artist Kurone Mishima, a disc sleeve drawn by character designer Koichi Kikuta, audio commentary, Web Radio, a side story script, and a special booklet. The first volume released on March 24 with the first 2 episodes.
The release dates for the remaining volumes are:
- Volume 2 (Episodes 3 & 4): April 28
- Volume 3 (Episodes 5 & 6): May 26
- Volume 4 (Episodes 7 & 8): June 30
- Volume 5 (Episodes 9 & 10): July 28
The second season of the KonoSuba anime aired for a total of 10 episodes during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season, on Thursdays on Tokyo MX at 1:05am JST
The main cast of the KonoSuba anime includes:
- Jun Fukushima (Yoshihisa Manabe Kotoura-san) will voice Kazuma Satou
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Aqua
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) as Megumin
- Ai Kayano (Menma in AnoHana) voices Raratina Dustiness Ford
- Sayuri Hara (Mio Honda in The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) will play the role of Luna
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) voices a Ruffian
The production staff of the anime also returns:
- Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
- Series Composer: Makoto Uezu (School Days, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Koichi Kikuta (Seitokai Yakuindomo and Robotics;Notes Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kamisama Dolls)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Here is the promotional video for the second season:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Natsume Akatsuki and illustrated by Kurone Mishima. The series began in October 2013 being published under Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint, where a total of 10 volumes have been produced to date, topping 2 million sales in print. A spin-off light novel series titled Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen o! is also being produced alongside the parent novel, with 3 volumes to date. A manga adaptation is currently being serialized in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine. The series received an anime adaptation during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season.
Here is the series’ synopsis from MAL:
The life of Satou Kazuma, a hikikomori who likes games, all too soon came to an end because of a traffic accident… It was supposed to, but when he woke up, a beautiful girl who called herself a goddess was in front of his eyes.
“Hey, I have got something a little nice for you. Wanna go to another world? You can take only one thing of your choice along with you.”
“…then I’ll take you.”
From here on, the great adventure of subjugating the Demon King will begin for the reincarnated Kazuma… Or so one would think, but it’s the labor for obtaining food, clothing and shelter that begins! Despite Kazuma wanting to live in peace, the goddess keeps causing problems one after another, and eventually, they attract the attention of the Demon King’s army!?
An OVA of the second season of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! anime will be bundled in a special edition of the light novel’s 12th volume. The volume and OVA will be released on July 24. Further information will be revealed at a later date.
“KonoSuba”, “Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!”, “Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Natsume Akatsuki, Kurone Mishima, Kadokawa, and the Kono Suba Production Committee