The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Natsume Akatsuki and Kurone Mishima’s Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) light novel series has unveiled the details and listing for the Blu-ray and DVD volumes of the second season. There will be a total of 10 episodes across 5 volumes.
There will be a total of 5 Blu-ray and DVD volumes for the anime’s second season, similar to the first. Each volume will contain 2 episodes as well as a special limited edition PC Game, an illustration box drawn by original artist Kurone Mishima, a disc sleeve drawn by character designer Koichi Kikuta, audio commentary, Web Radio, a side story script, and a special booklet.
The release dates for the volumes are:
- Volume 1 (Episodes 1 & 2): March 24
- Volume 2 (Episodes 3 & 4): April 28
- Volume 3 (Episodes 5 & 6): May 26
- Volume 4 (Episodes 7 & 8): June 30
- Volume 5 (Episodes 9 & 10): July 28
The second season of the KonoSuba anime currently airs every Thursday on Tokyo MX at 1:05am JST. The second season also airs on Sun TV at 1:30am JST and on TVQ Kyushu at 2:35am JST. The series then broadcasts on Gifu Broadcasting on the 13th at 1:45am JST and on Mie Television at 2:20am JST. It will also air on Tele ball, Chiba TV, tvk and BS11.
The main cast of the first KonoSuba season will return in the second:
- Jun Fukushima (Yoshihisa Manabe Kotoura-san) will voice Kazuma Satou
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Aqua
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) as Megumin
- Ai Kayano (Menma in AnoHana) voices Raratina Dustiness Ford
- Sayuri Hara (Mio Honda in The [email protected] Cinderella Girls) will play the role of Luna
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) voices a Ruffian
The production staff of the anime also returns:
- Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
- Series Composer: Makoto Uezu (School Days, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Koichi Kikuta (Seitokai Yakuindomo and Robotics;Notes Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kamisama Dolls)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Machico will return to perform the Opening theme song as will the leading female cast (Amamiya, Takahashi, and Kayano) returning for the Ending theme.
Here is the first promotional video for the second season:
And the second PV
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Natsume Akatsuki and illustrated by Kurone Mishima. The series began in October 2013 being published under Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint, where a total of 9 volumes have been produced to date, topping 2 million sales in print. A spin-off light novel series titled Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen o! is also being produced alongside the parent novel, with 3 volumes to date. A manga adaptation is currently being serialized in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine. The series received an anime adaptation during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season.
Here is the series’ synopsis from MAL:
The life of Satou Kazuma, a hikikomori who likes games, all too soon came to an end because of a traffic accident… It was supposed to, but when he woke up, a beautiful girl who called herself a goddess was in front of his eyes.
“Hey, I have got something a little nice for you. Wanna go to another world? You can take only one thing of your choice along with you.”
“…then I’ll take you.”
From here on, the great adventure of subjugating the Demon King will begin for the reincarnated Kazuma… Or so one would think, but it’s the labor for obtaining food, clothing and shelter that begins! Despite Kazuma wanting to live in peace, the goddess keeps causing problems one after another, and eventually, they attract the attention of the Demon King’s army!?
The second season of the Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! anime will run for a total of 10 episodes. It is currently airing on Thursdays, starting January 12th on Tokyo MX at 1:05am JST, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season.
"KonoSuba", "Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!", "Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Natsume Akatsuki, Kurone Mishima, Kadokawa, and the Kono Suba Production Committee