The official website of the anime adaptation of Nagomu Torii and Tomoyo Kamoi’s Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) light novels has been updated with new information regarding the Kyoukai no Kanata film that was announced in July. The movie itself will be titled Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here and will be releasing in Japanese theatres in April next year. There will also be a compilation film releasing on March 14. Additionally, the first visual and trailer for the film has been released.
The website has also revealed the returning cast and staff of the upcoming film. The returning cast members include:
- Risa Taneda (Aya Komichi in Kiniro Mosaic) will reprise her role as Mirai Kuriyama
- KENN (Hibito Nanba from Uchuu Kyoudai) will return as Akihito Kanbara
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) back as Mitsuki Nase
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana in Free!) returning as Hiroomi Nase
The staff members returning for the movie are as follows:
- Director: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Nichijou Assistant Director)
- Script Writer and Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Love Live! School idol project)
- Anime Character Designer: Miku Kadowaki (Kyoukai no Kanata, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Free!)
Here is the first trailer for Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here:
Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here will be opening in the Spring 2015 anime season next year on April 25, it will be subtitled Mirai-hen (The Future). The film itself will be set one year after the events of the anime series. There will also be a compilation film of the anime series that will be releasing on March 14 titled Kako-hen (The Past). Tickets will be available for pre-purchase from December 27. There are a total of two types of tickets to be pre-purchased:
- A bundle containing a limited edition clear file and tickets to both films for ¥3,000 (~ $30.00 USD)
- A bundle a ticket to either film and one clear file for ¥1,500 (~ $15.00 USD)
Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) is a light novel series written by Nagomu Torii and illustrated by Tomoyo Kamoi. The series was first an entry in Kyoto Animation’s Award program in 2011, where it received an honourable mention. The series began being published in 2012 in Kyoto Animation’s KA Esma Bunko imprint. To date there has been a total of 3 volumes published. The series received a TV anime adaptation from Kyoto Animation (K-ON!, Free!) in Fall/Spring 2013, which was directed by Taichi Ishidate (first director role). A few OVAs and a website series were also released following the TV anime, with the prequel OVA out now.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half youmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.
There will be two Kyoukai no Kanata films releasing in Spring next year. The first film is a compilation film releasing on March 14th, and the second is a brand new film set after the series, Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here, releasing on April 25.
For more information visit the website: http://anime-kyokai.com/
And follow their Twitter: @anime_kyokai
“Kyoukai no Kanata”, “Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Nagomu Torii, Tomoyo Kamoi, Kyoto Animation and Kyoukai no Kanata Production Committee