The official website of the second season of the K anime, K: Return of Kings, has revealed many new visuals for the upcoming October series. In addition, the site has revealed new members of the cast that will debut in the second season.
The anime’s website has revealed a bunch of new visuals showcasing the members of the main clans and kings in the series. Above, is the Silver clan with their king Yashiro Isana, along with Neko and Kuroh Yatogami.
And the new Green Clan:
New Blue Clan member Gouki Zenjou:
Two new characters of the main cast have been revealed.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will voice the Green King Nagare Hisui
- Scepter 4 member of the Blue Clan, Gouki Zenjou, whose voice actor has not been revealed so far
The anime’s website is also currently running a campaign titled 100 Days x 100 Visuals, where a new visual is released every day for the 100 days leading up to the anime’s premiere.
They main cast of the anime consists of returning members from the first season and film:
- Daisuke Namikawa ((Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon)) will return to voice Yashiro Isana
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) returns as Kuroh Yatogami
- Mikako Komatsu (Saika Totsuka from Oregairu) voices Neko
- Satomi Satou (Ritsu Tainaka in K-ON!) will voice Kukuri Yukizome
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) is back as Mikoto Suoh
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) is voicing Anna Kushina
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will voice Izumo Kusanagi
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass) voices Misaki Yata
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will voice the role of Rikio Kamamoto
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Tatara Totsuka
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be voicing Reisi Munakata
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) voices Saruhiko Fushimi
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Shino Asada in Sword Art Online II) will voice Seri Awashima
- Masakazu Morita (Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach) as Yukari Mishakuji
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) is voicing Douhan Hirasaka
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) as Kotosaka
- Shouzou Iizuka (Genji Kamogawa in Hajime no Ippo: Rising) returns as Daikaku Kokujōji
The anime’s staff were also revealed and currently consists of:
- Director and Anime Character Designer: Shingo Suzuki (K, Coppelion)
- Series Director: Hiromitsu Kanazawa (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
- Series Composer: GoRA (K)
- Chief Animation Director: Makoto Furuta (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
- Art Director: Ken Naito (K: Missing Kings, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movies)
- CGI Director: Takanori Kikuchi (K)
- Sound Director: Chikako Yokota (Psycho-Pass, Dog Days)
- Music: Mikio Endo (K , Coppelion)
- Animation Studio: GoHands (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
Here is the latest trailer for the movie:
The third trailer has also been revealed and teases the main characters of the anime:
Here is the second PV, which teases the the Red King Mikoto Suoh:
Here is the first trailer:
K, also known as K Project, is an original television anime series by the studio GoHands (Seitokai Yakuindomo, Coppelion). The series launched in October 2012 and was helmed by director Shingo Suzuki (Coppelion). The series received modest reception for its plot, but it was praised for the fluidity of the visuals and art. The creator of the series, GoRa (who also helped with the series’ composition), also wrote the story of the many adaptations of K. To date, the series has two prequel mangas, a side story manga, two light novels and a PlayStation Vita game. A sequel film to the anime series, titled K Missing Kings, was also produced and released in July 2013.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we’re familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings.
Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.
The second season of K, K: Return of Kings, will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
Source Article and Images – K: Return of Kings Website
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“K: Return of Kings”, “K”, “K Project”, “K: Missing Kings”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 GoHands, GoRa and K Project Production Committee