The official website of ufotable’s anime adaptation of God Eater has revealed a brand new visual for the final 4 episodes of the anime, which will debut from March 5th, 2016.
Episode 10 of the anime will air on Tokyo MX on March 5th at 6:30pm JST and on BS11 at 7:00pm JST. Episode 11 will air in the following week at the same time, as well as the remaining episodes in the weeks after. To help fans catch up on the series, a rebroadcast of episodes 1-9 will be made from January.
The titles and themes of the final episodes were revealed:
- Episode 10: A Glorious End – Past
- Episode 11: Meteor Light – Set in Action
- Episode 12: First Unit – Unknown
- Episode 13: Lotus Flower – Future
Tokyo MX earlier listed the 9th episode of God Eater as the final episode that will be broadcasted on TV. This comes after the various delays that the anime incurred throughout the season where Extra episodes were shown in place. This sums up to a total of 9 full episodes and 4 extra episodes being shown rather than 13 full episodes.
The main cast of the anime consists of return characters from the games and an original character:
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Argyllo in Beast Saga) will lead as original character Renka Utsugi
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Alisa Ilinichina Amiella
- Hiroaki Hirata (Sanji from One Piece) returns to voice Lindow Amamiya
- Kazuya Nakai (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece) will voice Soma Schicksal
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura in Gintama) is back as Kota Fujiki
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) will be voicing Sakuya Tachibana
The main staff includes:
- Director and Sound Director: Takayuki Hirao (Kara no Kyoukai 5, Gyo)
- Anime Character Designer: Keita Shimizu (Fate/Zero and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masaru Yanaka (Captain Earth, Fate/Zero Background Art)
- Director of Photography: Seiji Matsuda (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
- CGI Director: Masato Takizawa (Fate/Zero, Doraemon: Nobita no Uchuu kaitakushi)
- Music Composer: Go Shiina (God Eater and Tales of. Games)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
The duo OLDCODEX performs the Opening theme song Feed A and the Ending theme is Kouhai Chi by Go Shiina feat. naomi .
Here is the anime’s main promotional video:
30 second commercial:
15 second commercial:
God Eater is an Action Role Playing, Hack n Slash game developed by Shift and published by Bandai Namco Games. The games are set in a dystopian future Japan, where large monsters called Aragami have destroyed most of mankind. In the games you play as a God Eater, a small group of soldiers whose sole purpose is to defeat the Aragami using weapons made from the Aragami’s cells. A total of 3 games have been released since its start in 2010. The first game in the series released in Japan in February 2010 for the PlayStation Portable with an updated release titled Gods Eater Burst later in the year, where it also released internationally. A direct sequel to the game was published last year in Japan on the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita. The game has been announced to be localised, but no date has been given yet.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in Japan in the year 2071 where the world has been mostly destroyed by mysterious monsters known as the Aragami. An organization known as Fenrir was made to exterminate Aragami using weapons called God Arcs which is made from the cells of an Aragami. Those who specialize in exterminating Aragami are known as God Eaters. Originally God Eaters had one type in which their God Arcs can only keep gun form or blade form, however a new type has been discovered that can switch between gun and blade form. Since then, they have been classified new-types and the previous as old-types.
The remaining 4 episodes of the God Eater anime will be delayed till March 5th, starting on Tokyo MX at 6:30pm JST.
“God Eater”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Bandai Namco Games, ufotable and Shift