The first promotional video has been revealed for the remaining episodes of ufotable’s anime adaptation of God Eater. The new video briefly previews scenes from the upcoming episodes and also shows off Renka’s past. It also features the full song of the anime’s Ending theme, Kouhai Chi by Go Shiina and naomi. Tokyo MX earlier listed the 9th episode of God Eater as the final episode that will be broadcasted on TV. There will be a total of 4 remaining episodes, starting at episode 11.
The remaining 4 episodes of the God Eater anime will begin its weekly broadcast from March 5th, on Tokyo MX at 6:30pm JST.
The titles and themes of the final episodes are:
- Episode 10: A Glorious End – Past
- Episode 11: Meteor Light – Set in Action
- Episode 12: First Unit – Unknown
- Episode 13: Lotus Flower – Future
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Argyllo in Beast Saga) will lead as original character Renka Utsugi
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Alisa Ilinichina Amiella
- Hiroaki Hirata (Sanji from One Piece) returns to voice Lindow Amamiya
- Kazuya Nakai (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece) will voice Soma Schicksal
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura in Gintama) is back as Kota Fujiki
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) will be voicing Sakuya Tachibana
The main staff includes:
- Director and Sound Director: Takayuki Hirao (Kara no Kyoukai 5, Gyo)
- Anime Character Designer: Keita Shimizu (Fate/Zero and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masaru Yanaka (Captain Earth, Fate/Zero Background Art)
- Director of Photography: Seiji Matsuda (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
- CGI Director: Masato Takizawa (Fate/Zero, Doraemon: Nobita no Uchuu kaitakushi)
- Music Composer: Go Shiina (God Eater and Tales of. Games)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in Japan in the year 2071 where the world has been mostly destroyed by mysterious monsters known as the Aragami. An organization known as Fenrir was made to exterminate Aragami using weapons called God Arcs which is made from the cells of an Aragami. Those who specialize in exterminating Aragami are known as God Eaters. Originally God Eaters had one type in which their God Arcs can only keep gun form or blade form, however a new type has been discovered that can switch between gun and blade form. Since then, they have been classified new-types and the previous as old-types.