It has been revealed via Chinese streaming service iQiyi that the third season of the anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga will run for a total of 24 episodes, over 2 cours. In addition the anime’s official website has revealed a brand new visual.
iQiyi holds the official streaming license for all three seasons of the Shokugeki no Souma anime in China. If the listing is correct, the anime will run across 2 cours/seasons for a total of 24 episodes. With season 3 starting this Fall/Autumn 2017 the series would be finishing towards the end of the Winter 2017/2018 anime season in March 2018 (effectively running for half a year).
The third season of Shokugeki no Souma airs on Wednesdays at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX. The series also airs on BS11 on Thursdays at midnight (effectively Friday) and on Animax from the 20th. The season began on Wednesday, October 4th. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara continues where the second season and OVAs left off, following the battle against the Council of Ten.
The main cast of the anime will return for Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) will join the cast to voice Erina
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) wil voice Eishi Tsukasa
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) as Rindou Kobayashi
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voicing Momo Akanegakubo
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing the role of Nene Kinokuni
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Terunori Kuga
The leading staff members of season 2 includes:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Here is the latest PV for season 3:
And here is the English subtitled trailer:
The anime’s second season, Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars: The Second Plate), premiered in the Summer 2016 anime season for a total of 13 episodes.
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 24 compiled volumes released. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for Spring 2015, directed by Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri) and produced by J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo). A second season aired in Summer 2016.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
The third season of the Shokugeki no Souma anime, Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara, airs every Wednesday at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX, during the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season. The series is being listed for a total of 24 episodes, making it a 2 cour anime.
Source Article - iQiyi
“Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara”, “Shokugeki no Souma”, “Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee