Just before the premiere of the Made in Abyss Movie (Made in Abyss: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei), the anime’s production staff have announced a new series sequel. A new imageboard was released accompanying the announcement.
A commemorative video was also released:
Made in Abyss: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei is the third anime film based on Akihito Tsukushi’s web manga. The first two films are compilations of the 2012 TV series that were released in Japan on January 4, and January 18, 2019. The third film is set after the events of the film and TV series.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Miyu Tomita (Umaru Doma in Himouto! Umaru-chan) as Riko
- Mariya Ise (Stocking Anarchy from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) as Regu
- Shiori Izawa (Tanpopo Kuraishi in Witch Craft Works) voices Nanachi
- Sayaka Ohara (Irisviel von Einzbern in Fate/Zero) voices the role of Ouzen
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) as Maruruk
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Lyza
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Masayuki Kojima (Black Bullet, Monster)
- Series Composer: Hideyuki Kurata (The World God Only Knows, OreImo)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Kazuchika Kise (Blood-C, Ghost in the Shell: Arise)
- Art Director: Osamu Masuyama (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Miyori no Mori)
- Music Composer: Kevin Penkin (Norn9, Under the Dog)
- Sound Director: You Yamada (Meganebu!, Black Butler)
- Animation Studio: Kinema Citrus (Barakamon, Black Bullet)
Here is the main promotional video for the first season:
Made in Abyss is a fantasy adventure web manga written and illustrated by Akihito Tsukushi. The series began in 2012 being published online on Web Comic Gamma. To date, a total of 8 volumes have been compiled and published. The first season of the anime premiered in the Summer 2017 anime season and ran for a total of 13 episodes. The series was compiled into two films, Tabidachi no Yoake (Journey’s Dawn) and Hourou Suru Tasogare (Wandering Twilight), which were released in January 2019. The films were then followed by a sequel film that was released in Japanese theatres on January 17, 2020.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The Abyss—a gaping chasm stretching down into the depths of the earth, filled with mysterious creatures and relics from a time long past. How did it come to be? What lies at the bottom? Countless brave individuals, known as Divers, have sought to solve these mysteries of the Abyss, fearlessly descending into its darkest realms. The best and bravest of the Divers, the White Whistles, are hailed as legends by those who remain on the surface.
Riko, daughter of the missing White Whistle Lyza the Annihilator, aspires to become like her mother and explore the furthest reaches of the Abyss. However, just a novice Red Whistle herself, she is only permitted to roam its most upper layer. Even so, Riko has a chance encounter with a mysterious robot with the appearance of an ordinary young boy. She comes to name him Reg, and he has no recollection of the events preceding his discovery. Certain that the technology to create Reg must come from deep within the Abyss, the two decide to venture forth into the chasm to recover his memories and see the bottom of the great pit with their own eyes. However, they know not of the harsh reality that is the true existence of the Abyss.
A sequel to the Made in Abyss TV anime has been announced and is in production. Details about the sequel, including its format, will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://miabyss.com/
And follow their Twitter: @miabyss_anime
Source Article and Images - Anime News Netwrk
"Made in Abyss", images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2020 Akihito Tsukushi, Gamma, Kinema Citrus and the Made in Abyss Production Committee