The official website of the anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) has revealed a brand new visual and trailer for the third and upcoming film, Boku no Hero Academia: World Heroes Mission. The movie is currently slated to release in Japan later on August 6th.
Here is the first teaser trailer for the film:
The upcoming film will feature a new original story with Kouhei Horikoshi supervising the film’s production.
The confirmed cast members of the film include:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) is back to voice Izuku Midoriya
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing as Katsuki Bakugou
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action-adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 30 volumes have been compiled. The series is currently one of the highest-selling manga in Japan, with over 30 million copies in print. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The first season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime ran for a total of 13 episodes, airing throughout the Spring 2016 anime season. A second season followed in the Spring 2017 anime season, which ran for 25 episodes, followed by the third season in 2018, the fourth season in 2019, and the fifth season in 2021.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The Boku no Hero Academia: World Heroes Mission movie will release in Japanese theatres on August 6th.