A new promotional video has been released for the upcoming OVA of the second season anime adaptation of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai (Kaguya-sama: Love is War). The PV gives us a quick look at the standalone episode, which features your favourite girls taking a relaxing bath. The OVA will include the three stories from the manga: Kaguya-sama Darkness part 1 and part 2, and Kaguya-sama wa tabe sasetai (Kaguya Wants to Feed Him).
The OVA will be bundled on DVD with the 22nd volume of the manga, set to release in Japan on May 19th.
The main cast of the anime consists of:
- Aoi Koga (Hanabi from Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls) voicing Kaguya Shinomiya
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) as Miyuki Shirogane
- Konomi Kohara (Akane Mizuno from Tsuki ga Kirei) who voices Chika Fujiwara
- Ryouta Suzuki (Ryouhei Yamanouchi in Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu) voicing the role of Yuu Ishigami
- Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Yurucamp△) as Ai Hayasaka
The first season’s production staff includes:
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Grancrest Senki)
- Series Composer: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Carole & Tuesday and The Idolm@ster SideM Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuko Yahiro (Attack on Titan: Junior High, Diabolik Lovers)
- Art Director: Risa Wakabayashi (Cells at Work!, Mahou Shoujo Ore)
- Music Composer: Kei Haneoka (Monogatari series, Himawari!)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail)
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Aka Akasaka. The series began in mid-2016, serialized under Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine. To date, a total of 16 compiled volumes have been published. There has been two spin-off manga, one by Shinta Sakayama and the other from G3 Ida, both started publication in mid 2018. The series has inspired a TV anime adaptation in January 2019 during the Winter 2018/2019 anime season, directed by Mamoru Hatakeyama (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Grancrest Senki) and produced by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail). The anime’s second season premiered in April 2020 during the Spring 2020 anime season. Both seasons aired for 12 episodes each. A third season has been announced.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
At the renowned Shuchiin Academy, Miyuki Shirogane and Kaguya Shinomiya are the student body’s top representatives. Ranked the top student in the nation and respected by peers and mentors alike, Miyuki serves as the student council president. Alongside him, the vice president Kaguya—eldest daughter of the wealthy Shinomiya family—excels in every field imaginable. They are the envy of the entire student body, regarded as the perfect couple.
However, despite both having already developed feelings for the other, neither are willing to admit them. The first to confess loses, will be looked down upon, and will be considered the lesser. With their honor and pride at stake, Miyuki and Kaguya are both equally determined to be the one to emerge victorious on the battlefield of love!
A third season and an OVA of Kaguya-sama has been announced and is in production. The OVA is slated for 2021.